PicoSpace Industries' Utility Pack

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
K, now it's working, so I just have to not close the window forever.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Hey im not able to get the most recent version due to there not being a link. Did you forget to add it or am i missing it
The link in the first post is working. It points directly to the github repository, that's where you'll find the latest version.

Hello, I downloaded your mod and it is very good but I know this will sound bad
but how can I eliminate certain pieces?

since I'm only interested in having the flag pole and the special farings

and if it can't be done
Could you make a mod that only includes the flag post and another for the farings?

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
Hello, I downloaded your mod and it is very good but I know this will sound bad
but how can I eliminate certain pieces?

since I'm only interested in having the flag pole and the special farings

and if it can't be done
Could you make a mod that only includes the flag post and another for the farings?
He'll have to make a whole new mod...

Darthan

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
I haven't been able to work out how to create an fueling station on the Moon (for example) using the Launch Tower Assembly etc. yet, but I have been able to create one in orbit! I don't think it was intended to be used that way - just pretend it represents routine fuel deliveries to orbit.

Self-fuelling tank (using Neptune's Big fuel tank and 2-wide, it also uses 'Pioneer' and 'Griffin' engines ('Griffin' in the launcher) - not quite sure which custom part they are from):
SelfFuelTank.PNG

Attached to station:
Station.PNG

Designing a launcher for it was a bit tricky since the payload increases during the launch (it refuels continously). In the end I designed it with first stage assuming empty and second stage assuming part full. The tank itself was the third stage and can use the fuel generated during the launch:
Launcher.PNG

Maybe you could create a variant of the "Launch Tower Assembly"+"Umbilical Cord" intended for stations? Initially with fuel generation switched off and can be switched on without rotating the umbilical?

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
Maybe you could create a variant of the "Launch Tower Assembly"+"Umbilical Cord" intended for stations? Initially with fuel generation switched off and can be switched on without rotating the umbilical?
You can transfer fuel in flight between tanks or use my "fuel ports" to have two tanks attach and share fuel directly. Launch Tower Assembly is designed to be attached to the ground or the fuel it produces is a "cheat" which is a no-no.

Darthan

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
You can transfer fuel in flight between tanks or use my "fuel ports" to have two tanks attach and share fuel directly. Launch Tower Assembly is designed to be attached to the ground or the fuel it produces is a "cheat" which is a no-no.
Currently it doesn't seem to be possible to place a fuel tower with umbilical anywhere except on the launch pad (or in a spacecraft!) without teleporting it. A possible solution would be to be able to create a tower with umbilical then can be 'packed' (i.e. collapse it in an off state) It could then be transported in a spacecraft to another planet and re-expanded there. Since it is off while collapsed it would not generate fuel while being transported - avoiding the 'cheat' above. It would also prevent its mass from growing to about 300t - which is too heavy to launch from Earth without consuming the fuel it generates!

There might also be a problem if it is placed on a non-level surface - it could be tricky to align a fuel port on a rocket with the umbilical - not sure what could be dpne about that though.

Something for version 6 perhaps?

MonkeSpaceflight

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
You would have to make a texture pack with you desired flag texture in it. I don't know how to do that though so check out the thread for making custom texture packs.

Darthan

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Attach an umblical to the tower. When the umbilical is lowered a rocket can be docked to the other end and refuelled. Other tower segments can be added on top to refuel taller rockets or upper stages. At least that is the theory. How you place the tower with umbilical attached on the Moon (for example) and how you get a rocket to line up docking ports on uneven ground are currently unsolved problems.

For added fun the weight of the tower increases over time when the umbilical is attached and ends up weighing about 300t - that was with a single segment minimum size. I managed to place a refuelling tower in orbit! See my earlier posts.