Pinnacle P1

Ok that was from LEO. Let's try in excess of 22000km. Surely 10+g will pull it apart. I was really really curious...
View attachment 12958
View attachment 12957 View attachment 12956 View attachment 12955 View attachment 12954 View attachment 12953 View attachment 12952 View attachment 12951 View attachment 12950 View attachment 12949
... and nothing. Solid as a rock. This thing was dropping speed at over 100m/s per second at one point. But not a sign of movement.
jeeze

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
I am glad I started at 1.3. Opens your mind.
I started when this game first came out on andriod there was only 1 fuel tank 1 capsule landing legs 2 types of parachutes 2 engines and that was really it no fancy rcs or even cunstruction blocks not even the 4×8 tank was in the game

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
I started when this game first came out on andriod there was only 1 fuel tank 1 capsule landing legs 2 types of parachutes 2 engines and that was really it no fancy rcs or even cunstruction blocks not even the 4×8 tank was in the game
It was simple back then, fun but simple

The formula is:
delta-V = g×ISP×Ln(1+fuel_mass/dry_mass)

If you prefer, there are several calculators that allow to calculate easily all that sort of stuff.
For example, if you take that single stage:
View attachment 12948
Its delta-V at full capacity is 2835 m/s. For such a light ship it's not really useful to try to save a few tens of m/s.
Especially that if your slingshot maneuver isn't really precise, you could even spend more delta-V than for a direct transfer :eek:
That's why I don't recommend using the Moon for this, this really complicates things for practically no benefit.
Is there ln(1+f/d)?

I thought it is 9.8*isp*ln(full mass/dry mass)

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Is there ln(1+f/d)?

I thought it is 9.8*isp*ln(full mass/dry mass)
That one is correct too, but my "f" is for "fuel", not "full". I tend to prefer that form, but your formula is the most usual one indeed. Sorry for the confusion.