NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Supported Game Version: v1.5.8.5

Ever make huge rockets and can't fit enough frontiers on your lower stage? Need a vacuum engine more up to the task of moving your behemoth builds? Well here it is, the Pioneer Engine.

I tried to closely match the vanilla style and make something that would fit in with the vanilla game. This is still a work in progress, in that I will probably be further updating the design and tweaking the stats. I'm open to suggestions as well, I'd like to make sure it is as balanced as possible and isn't too overpowered.

Stats:
Mass: 12t
Thrust: 240t
ISP: 300
Size: 3m x 4.5m
1663439055100.png

unknown.png

How to Use:

1. Close the game, open Steam, then go to your library.
2. Right click SFS, then go to Manage > Browse Local Game Files.
3. Navigate to Mods > Custom Assets > Parts.
4. Drag and drop the part asset from the below Google Drive link into the Parts folder.

Google Drive - enginepioneer.pack

The game will automatically load the part when you re-open it. You can find it under the Engines tab.

Attachments

Last edited:

N2O4

Modder
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
I sorta regret i went on vacation now...

AxcelAbrego

Modder
Man on the Moon
Registered
Ever make huge rockets and can't fit enough frontiers on your lower stage? Need a vacuum engine more up to the task of moving your behemoth builds? Well here it is, the Pioneer Engine.

I tried to closely match the vanilla style and make something that would fit in with the vanilla game. This is still a work in progress, in that I will probably be further updating the design and tweaking the stats. I'm open to suggestions as well, I'd like to make sure it is as balanced as possible and isn't too overpowered.

Stats:
Mass: 12t
Thrust: 240t
ISP: 300
Size: 3m x 4.5m
View attachment 86069
View attachment 86070

How to Use:

1. Close the game, open Steam, then go to your library.
2. Right click SFS, then go to Manage > Browse Local Game Files.
3. Navigate to Spaceflight Simulator_Data > Custom Assets > Parts.
4. Drag and drop the part asset from the below Google Drive link into the Parts folder.

Google Drive - PioneerEngine

The game will automatically load the part when you re-open it. You can find it under the Engines tab.

1656971940333.png

IN REAL LIFE: it looks similar, don't you think?

N2O4

Modder
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
PCT is opened like Unity Project, Odin is a package

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Version 2 is up at the same link. Slimmed down the engine base and fixed the shape of the bell. Stats are unchanged.

pioneer.png

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Uploaded another version, all it does is fix the positioning of the engine in the picker so it's between hawk and frontier.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
You can't. PC is the only modding platform.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
What do you mean at the same link there is no preview and I don't know crap about code and mods
what? of course google drive cant preview a unity asset, lol. the instructions tell you what to do, just download the file and go from there. the preview is the images i posted to this thread.

Last edited:

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
i think you should have to reduce the thrust an bit...
I know it's not exactly realistic, but I think it is balanced enough and fits in with the game. The goal of the engine was to be able to fit a higher density of thrust onto a 12 wide tank than you could with frontiers.

I think it's reasonable for what it is, and its mass punishes you for using it on anything but massive stages like it was designed for.

Status
Not open for further replies.