Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
My theory is that it fuses Cheese Puffs into double Cheese Puffs.

(As far as I know, the Hydrogen-into-Helium theory is unlikely to be rufuted at this point. Like the theory-that-gravity-holds-us-to-the-earth)

My theory is that it fuses Cheese Puffs into double Cheese Puffs.

(As far as I know, the Hydrogen-into-Helium theory is unlikely to be rufuted at this point. Like the theory-that-gravity-holds-us-to-the-earth)
Or does gravity make us fall onto the Earth and scrape our knee in this warped imaginary universe we have?

and a dwarf planet is a planet and Munchkins and Time Bandits are people too and whatever anyone thinks Pluto is Pluto as great as it ever was and better even with a closer look than ever I figured and the Iluminati can’t take that away from either of us

T

TtTOtW

I say Pluto is the best planet that ever got robbed of its status by people much smaller than it. Just because it can't talk and they can.

T

TtTOtW

But, it can hold 5 moons in their orbits. Can these smart idiots even keep an apple in orbit around themselves? They need to learn to shut up.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
I say Pluto is the best planet that ever got robbed of its status by people much smaller than it. Just because it can't talk and they can.
But, it can hold 5 moons in their orbits. Can these smart idiots even keep an apple in orbit around themselves? They need to learn to shut up.
I would say you like Pluto So much to accept the truth ;)

Maybe we could stir up a pro bono lawsuit on behalf of Pluto for defamation of character and the crude and blatantly racist definition brewed up by the over educated and unimaginative members of the IAU...
If someone could tweet that I’m sure it would grow legs

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Seriously, humans defending pluto over this ENTIRELY arbitrary definition which doesn't even affect it is the most STUPID thing ever. Making it a planet with its discovery had no effect on it, and neither did reclassifying it.

The only reason I can think of why people are so convinced is simply because of ridiculous use of empathy. It's like someone was given a promotion, and you're happy for them, but then they get demoted back again to a position they were better suited for anyway, but people still get angry for no fucking reason... except its not like a human where the demotion can affect something like their pay. It's like when a person steps on a Roomba and is then so sorry even though it doesn't even do anything.

The only other thing I can think of is that people grew up learning that Pluto was a planet, and don't want to accept the change, and that what they learned could be wrong (kinda like Galileo and the church), or that something that they learned might not make much sense.

Seriously, can everyone stop whining about Pluto... It really doesn't matter.

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
And before someone claims that "iF it DoEsn'T mATtER, WHY arE yOu SpeNdiNG So mUcH tiME ArGUinG AboUt iT?!"

I grew up with the 9 planets, but I really don't care about the change in classification. It makes sense, but it doesn't affect me really. What DOES affect me is the annoyance at everybody whining about it.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
And before someone claims that "iF it DoEsn'T mATtER, WHY arE yOu SpeNdiNG So mUcH tiME ArGUinG AboUt iT?!"

I grew up with the 9 planets, but I really don't care about the change in classification. It makes sense, but it doesn't affect me really. What DOES affect me is the annoyance at everybody whining about it.
I grew up with nine planets too, but I accepted the change quickly.
Times change, So does Science. And current Science says Pluto is not a planet. The End.

T

TtTOtW

If Science redefines my nose as a Butt, it will be a Butt, cause that's what Science says.
I don't have that level of confidence in science! The most highly learned and experienced scientists themselves say science is science... because we don't know. Einstein said, "If we knew what exactly it is we are doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it..."
But, as humans we need to hold onto something concrete. I'm not letting the questioning of young minds destroy my peace. I'm getting too old for that shit.