Post your Space Stations!

M

MDCharlatan

Well hello and welcome !
It's a nice and clean space station right there :)
Is it orbiting the earth or moon?
We are are in LOE for now. The moon will be the first of many stops. I hope to visit every planet and moon on one tour. :)

This is a simple space station I made a little while ago. The right part is Shenzhou 8 docked to Tiangong 1 (left).
Screenshot_20181217-011940.jpg
Tiangong was too heavy for the Long March launch vehicle I had to drain its fuel tank before liftoff. This required an infrastructure holding the rocket on the launch pad. It was later refueled once the intended orbit was reached.

M

MDCharlatan

So I learned that my modular ion drive idea won't work, electricity apparently doesnt move through the station like fuel does. Still good progress today though, excepting the loss of a solar panel :/

Edit: it does work! I just failed to switch from the recently docked ship to the station itself. Work will progress as planned. >:)

Screenshot_20190119-221505.jpg

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
So I learned that my modular ion drive idea won't work, electricity apparently doesnt move through the station like fuel does. Still good progress today though, excepting the loss of a solar panel :/

Edit: it does work! I just failed to switch from the recently docked ship to the station itself. Work will progress as planned.
About electricity not flowing through the station that happens, especially when you docked. For some reason, the game fails to take into account the new part you docked with. I usually solve that by exiting the game and resuming it.

M

MDCharlatan

T

TtTOtW

About electricity not flowing through the station that happens, especially when you docked. For some reason, the game fails to take into account the new part you docked with. I usually solve that by exiting the game and resuming it.
Here's a simple solution.
Screenshot_20190120-094613.png

Tap that and no more missing fuel source. As far as I've seen anyway.

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Or just make a new save and load that save.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
I'm gonna try docking the IPS to my station, and see how long my phone survives.

T

TtTOtW

Once it's docked, the load lightens because there's only one set of dynamic data to calculate and no potential collisions to anticipate.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Once it's docked, the load lightens because there's only one set of dynamic data to calculate and no potential collisions to anticipate.
Yeah, except it's already lagging on its own. I need to deorbit the Abomb currently docked there first with a couple outdated parts if I stand a chance.
Also, I'm working on getting a name for the IPS before I start doing more with it.

T

TtTOtW

Pro tip: reduce structural parts... they're like ants. Kill them all, otherwise they kill you in numbers.

T

TtTOtW

That's how my Death Star idea halted. I couldn't go past halfway with just the core's shell, which consisted of many structural parts.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Pro tip: reduce structural parts... they're like ants. Kill them all, otherwise they kill you in numbers.
Yeah, that's part of what I'm doing. The old station hubs and docking parts were structural-based, and I need to use the Abombs to bring them back down.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Well, this'll make it run better, finally brought that Abomb back to earth.
Screenshot_2019-01-21-20-12-02.png
Screenshot_2019-01-21-20-45-43.png

T

TtTOtW

For instant relief, close your solar panels :) just open them for critical screenshots. A bit of work but worth it if lag kills you.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
For instant relief, close your solar panels :) just open them for critical screenshots. A bit of work but worth it if lag kills you.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking for trying to dock, I'll close the Extensions and just leave to core ones running.

T

TtTOtW

I just built something I call... the Pandora Booster. It is stupid powerful. 1 will lift nearly 5.5 kiloton off the ground.

M

MDCharlatan

This helped me a ton, thank you. bringing in new pieces was getting incredibly tedious due to the lag and I can actually play the game again with the panels all closed up.

Also, making good progress and I like to share. We've got our rovers stowed away, need to bring in our landing vehicles next. Ship attached are all being used as tugs or temporary extra fuel tanks. I am semi-tempted to replace some of the older parts now that I understand the game better, if only to get rid of some of the excessive fuel bars...
Station_New.jpg