Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
My submission for voyager challenge of hell
no cheats
no bp editing
over 19 tries and 3 quicksaves
and then I made it finally

IMG_3733.jpeg IMG_3734.jpeg IMG_3736.jpeg IMG_3738.jpeg IMG_3739.jpeg IMG_3740.jpeg

ExoAerospace

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
I probably won’t pass but if not back to drawing board I guess then everyone will treat my like noob

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Apparently you clipped some fuel tanks. When I recreate your launcher there are roughly 15 tons missing:
Spaceflight Simulator_2024-01-11-21-49-03.jpg
Could you please show where is the additional fuel?

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
This might help....
View attachment 112764
View attachment 112765
Fairings look a bit different....
I didn't clip the engine unlike him, but that doesn't explain the mass difference...
The fairing was recreated approximately, so yeah there can be a small difference because of this, but I'm aware about it. A difference of a fraction of ton is frankly not a problem anyway.

ExoAerospace

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
No offense but what is the point of being a judge if only Altair or mooncrasher can approve these challenges

ExoAerospace

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
but the judges don’t actually make the decisions the devs do that

that being said there isn’t really a need for judges

Phoenix Aerospace

Atlas
Copycat
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
but the judges don’t actually make the decisions the devs do that

that being said there isn’t really a need for judges
the judges to make the decisions, but if there was only altair and mooncrasher then it would take a lot more time to get to, hence why there is team judges.

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
The judges see if the entry is approvable or not. Once that, we ping the staff. They are the ones who make final decisions and then give the badge.

ExoAerospace

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
So why not have the judges making the final decision if their the people actually reviewing the content just seems a unnecessarily
complicated way to review submissions especially since Altair and Mooncrasher are the only devs the come on here

Phoenix Aerospace

Atlas
Copycat
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
The judges see if the entry is approvable or not. Once that, we ping the staff. They are the ones who make final decisions and then give the badge.
what lemniscate said is true
So why not have the judges making the final decision if their the people actually reviewing the content just seems a unnecessarily
complicated way to review submissions especially since Altair and Mooncrasher are the only devs the come on here

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
They are called forum staff not devs. Say it right.

An another note, the staff do not have to spend 20 minutes looking at these and instead spend more time on the much more complex team hawk entries which can require days to approve.

With team titan and team frontier, the staff only have to look at the entry once, then give the badge instead of having to spend time like us judges. In short, our job saves the time of Altair and Mooncrasher. Got it?

ExoAerospace

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
This whole website needs updating but it won’t happen anytime soon due to short staff

sfs aerospace and other technologies are advancing

why not this forum

We can start with the fact that it looks like the early 2000’s

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
This whole website needs updating but it won’t happen anytime soon due to short staff
We have enough staff!
sfs aerospace and other technologies are advancing
Who cares? Why is that relevant?
We can start with the fact that it looks like the early 2000’s
It's a forum! As long as it does its job and does it well, it's ok! There are also different themes just FYI.
Screenshot 2024-01-11 223320.png

And for the love of everything and anything important, please start condensing your posts! I cannot even fathom how many times this has been said and reiterated.
Screenshot 2024-01-11 223000.png

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
No offense but what is the point of being a judge if only Altair or mooncrasher can approve these challenges
They can preliminarily reject the ones that definitely don't pass, saving Altaïr and moon time