Problem: Docking Ports At Angles Other Than Increments of 90°

[____Negative_Space____]

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Maybe try rotating the other docking port in that orientation?
that would potentially resolve the issue; unfortunately, the size and shape of the component (and further components to be attached) prohibit a successful launch into orbit at such an angle, or any derivative angles thereof, within the confines of blueprint's allotted rotations

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
that would potentially resolve the issue; unfortunately, the size and shape of the component (and further components to be attached) prohibit a successful launch into orbit at such an angle, or any derivative angles thereof, within the confines of blueprint's allotted rotations
From what i know you probably cant launch it, sad but theres no way to avoid it

Last edited by a moderator:

[____Negative_Space____]

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
i've realized a way to successfully launch the pieces at a 60° angle. i didn't know the ring generator was any more than just that (and though very nifty, i hadn't any need of a ring), but that glorious bit of software is capable of more than just rings. it can rotate an entire blueprint to any angle while keeping all the individual components of one's rocket aligned! it really is quite fantastic and i should have downloaded it as soon as i was aware of it

i must say, it feels a bit like cheating, launching a rocket tilted to such a degree, but it's added difficulty negates that cheating feeling

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
@[____Negative_Space____] asked me to clean the thread. Sorry for the massive deletion guys, nothing personal about this (I cleaned my own posts too), but it's his right to have a clean thread.
Let's keep the thread on topic now ok? :)

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
@[____Negative_Space____] asked me to clean the thread. Sorry for the massive deletion guys, nothing personal about this (I cleaned my own posts too), but it's his right to have a clean thread.
Sure, it did get quite derailed

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Yup