UN Cosmo Navy

Explorer Program Management - non-dlc
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Under Pressure
Registered
I can´t send pics yet because I started this mission after this noon which I´m getting the rover to show you.
What I have done:
Laguna Mound(Jamestown type[kinda] base)

UN Cosmo Navy

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Under Pressure
Registered
Laguna Mound(base) with Laguna Rov(rover)
IMG_0808.PNG
Neat launch of a fixed Saturn V with farings but not with a nosecone because I ran out of building space.(Cliping is the life of this mission)
IMG_0806.PNG
That is amazing(This is not the rover)
IMG_0807.PNG

UN Cosmo Navy

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Under Pressure
Registered
Apollo 21 will land on the lunar base using a CSM, LEM with a docking block, and the transport in this pic

James Brown

Thinker/INTJ/investigator/Natural Science lover
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Emmm…… what is this mission about?

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
the name "Laguna" seems familiar to me...

nah.. its just my imagination....

nice startup for your mond base :)

UN Cosmo Navy

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Under Pressure
Registered
We got some water rocks I found with Laguna Rov

Yes, Laguna Hills is my old city, I highly had no Idea what to name the lunar base to I called it with Laguna because I wanted to respect name that, :)
Other Lagunas: Laguna Woods, Laguna Beach, Laguna Niguel(Cities), and Laguna Canyon(Canyon)

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
so basily this is for all mankind but without USSR interference

UN Cosmo Navy

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Under Pressure
Registered
so basily this is for all mankind but without USSR interference
Nope I got a luner lander with a dock port that other spacecraft can dock while docked with the CSM.
Also NO

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022

UN Cosmo Navy

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Under Pressure
Registered
Ok mission control(My little brother is playing while I do my things) try to do somethings but could not try to dock with the LEM´s Docking arm. I did try but failed and now I´m planning to bring the transport with Apollo 22

Marmilo

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Also, it is really a modified Saturn V wth out the Apollo space craft so I´m going to use a shuttle
No. It's easy to small, has messed up stage shapes and it's one of the last "saturns" I'd call a saturn V. It's just not.

UN Cosmo Navy

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Under Pressure
Registered
No. It's easy to small, has messed up stage shapes and it's one of the last "saturns" I'd call a saturn V. It's just not.
Yes it may look different but I´m still BP editing the rocket to be more but its not what I myself wanted

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I never understand why this is a thing. You call something a thing, and it looks absolutely nothing like that thing. And you spend your time defending why you called it that thing.

I mean, it wouldn't be considered a good Saturn I, never mind a V. Why not just call it something that it is, rather than something it isn't? If you name it after real world designs, you immediately open it up to direct comparisons. So unless it is bang on, prepare to have those comparisons not go favourably.

Since it shares absolutely zero similarities to a Saturn V, why not instead call it something other than a Saturn V? Like a Diemos III or whatever. Then you won't have people saying 'it doesn't look like a Saturn V'. For the same reason why I have a Uranus V rocket and a DnISS space station.
Then you can say 'because it's not supposed to look like a Saturn V, or the ISS.'

UN Cosmo Navy

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Under Pressure
Registered
I never understand why this is a thing. You call something a thing, and it looks absolutely nothing like that thing. And you spend your time defending why you called it that thing.

I mean, it wouldn't be considered a good Saturn I, never mind a V. Why not just call it something that it is, rather than something it isn't? If you name it after real world designs, you immediately open it up to direct comparisons. So unless it is bang on, prepare to have those comparisons not go favourably.

Since it shares absolutely zero similarities to a Saturn V, why not instead call it something other than a Saturn V? Like a Diemos III or whatever. Then you won't have people saying 'it doesn't look like a Saturn V'. For the same reason why I have a Uranus V rocket and a DnISS space station.
Then you can say 'because it's not supposed to look like a Saturn V, or the ISS.'
GOD THE ATTACK IS GOING TO KILL ME
Must not look:3

Marmilo

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
GOD THE ATTACK IS GOING TO KILL ME
Must not look:3
Horus is just trying to explain my point. You see, you got the shape and size completely wrong, and it's so far from any saturn that bp edit won't fix it. Bp edit is for detail, and it won't do much if the rocket is fundamentally wrong. First make the overall shape and size right, editing is unnecessary to make a good replica.

UN Cosmo Navy

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Under Pressure
Registered
Horus is just trying to explain my point. You see, you got the shape and size completely wrong, and it's so far from any saturn that bp edit won't fix it. Bp edit is for detail, and it won't do much if the rocket is fundamentally wrong. First make the overall shape and size right, editing is unnecessary to make a good replica.
Oh it's just my type(kinda) of a Saturn because I could not put the launch escape tower

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
First make the overall shape and size right, editing is unnecessary to make a good replica.
For his defense he plays with the free version, he won't really be able to build an accurate Saturn V in those conditions.

However Starship flight sfs it is true that if you call a rocket a Saturn V, it will be looked as a Saturn V. Unless you intend to make a true replica, I would suggest to go with another name. For example, I created myself a "little f*cking rocket" (when Starship was still named the BFR), or more recently a SSSLS, that is TOTALLY unrelated to the SLS. And it's fine.

For example, you could call your rocket a "Saturn 2.5" because it's approximately half the height of a Saturn V, and really, nobody will say anything about it. Even Marmilo won't complain because this is not exactly half the height of a Saturn V :)

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u5.jpg