Pure Ion Challenge

Sarge

Greased up Beef Parrot
Discord Staff
Registered
Acarii Drive is a reaction-less form of propulsion in SFS Discovered By Acarii, Essentially you can make docking ports move a craft.
(Try turning on 0G and attaching a small docking port to two parachutes and another to the end of said parachutes (facing each other) with a capsule on top (for control obviously) separate one of the ports and tada you can fly.
Side note: This is an example of it, newer versions can fly without 0g)

Sarge

Greased up Beef Parrot
Discord Staff
Registered
That's OK, thanks for the clarification :)
Ideally you should have precised that when you posted your performance, because as is, it let people think that you achieved this result relying only on ion engines, as required for the challenge.
Don't worry, as promised I won't be mad at you, and I won't bother you with that anymore. Thank you for your sincerity ;)
" it let people think that you achieved this result relying only on ion engines" i did. e.e

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician
Acarii Drive is a reaction-less form of propulsion in SFS Discovered By Acarii, Essentially you can make docking ports move a craft.
(Try turning on 0G and attaching a small docking port to two parachutes and another to the end of said parachutes (facing each other) with a capsule on top (for control obviously) separate one of the ports and tada you can fly.
Side note: This is an example of it, newer versions can fly without 0g)
Ok, I'll try that in the morning

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Keep also in mind that all previous performances were also established with 1.35. Drag is really low (I would rather say "broken" instead :rolleyes:) in 1.4, so this changes a lot of things...