Question about planet editor

I was going through the planet editor and I realized an "eccentricity" value I can change, I thought "Oh that's cool, I can change the orbit of planets and moons". I did this, but and when I weant back to the game nothing changed, so I upped the value, again, nothing, so I was wondering what doing this does/does it do anything?

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Hi and welcome to the forum DJDoesSpaceflight :)

Unfortunately those parameters don't do anything for now. The reason is because Stef planned to make elliptical orbits, but he had a lot of issues, especially calculating transfer windows for elliptical orbits is a pain, so he finally stepped back, but the new planet file format remained. They will certainly be added in the future, but I can't give a date for this.

Hi and welcome to the forum DJDoesSpaceflight :)

Unfortunately those parameters don't do anything for now. The reason is because Stef planned to make elliptical orbits, but he had a lot of issues, especially calculating transfer windows for elliptical orbits is a pain, so he finally stepped back, but the new planet file format remained. They will certainly be added in the future, but I can't give a date for this.
Ok, thank you for the help. I was thinking it was something like that