Re using a falcon 9

Aiden

Registered
I might of stole the idea from @TtTOtW but this is what you need to do
  1. Make a falcon 9.
  2. Launch into orbit. (Try getting there in your first stage)
  3. Refuel if neccecery
  4. Try land on the launch pad.
  5. Use "no gravity" to load another 2nd stage and fairing onto your falcon 9.
  6. Refuel.
  7. Try get into orbit.
  8. Have fun

P

PhantomGamingYT

1. Make a falcon 9.
  3. Refuel if neccecery
  6. Refuel.
  7. Try get into orbit.
  8. Have fun
You and Chancellor @Danny Batten have a lot of typos, you use "c" instead of "s"
And sometimes other stuff
And why use no gravity? I can load it on without no gravity.

Aiden

Registered
This was my try at this challenge:
Screenshot_20180908-105852_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
i flew into orbit to start off with.
Screenshot_20180908-110245_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
deploying stage
Screenshot_20180908-112143_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Re entry
Screenshot_20180908-113242_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
landing on the launchpad with not much fuel left
Screenshot_20180908-115520_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
re fueling using my new design of a truck
Screenshot_20180908-120747_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Carrying the payload and 2nd stage
Screenshot_20180908-120842_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
Screenshot_20180908-121016_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
lift off!
Really enjoyed doing this challenge

P

PhantomGamingYT

Id like to see you try.
What do you mean about the typos? I dont really care if i type wrongly on here because i come on here for fun. Why the negativity?
Ok ignore me, I'll try and be nicer because I don't want the Mods banning me (go on @Danny Batten's Profile and look at the last post).
Sorry for that
and I'll try loading the 2nd stage.

P

PhantomGamingYT

1. Make a falcon 9.
  3. Refuel if neccecery
  6. Refuel.
  7. Try get into orbit.
  8. Have fun
Unrealistic and irrelevant, I'll pass.

T

TtTOtW

This was my try at this challenge:
View attachment 6240 i flew into orbit to start off with. View attachment 6241 deploying stage
View attachment 6242
Re entry View attachment 6243 landing on the launchpad with not much fuel left View attachment 6244 re fueling using my new design of a truck
View attachment 6245
Carrying the payload and 2nd stage View attachment 6246 View attachment 6247 lift off!
Really enjoyed doing this challenge
Aiden WHY??? Now you got my head stuck on lorries... I'm stealing that for my next challenge... Revenge is sweet! :D

Saying that spacex is trying to have 2 launches of the same falcon in 48hrs it isnt that unrealistic
I am not talking about the speed of the launch or the use of the same vehicle to launch 2 or more payloads into LEO. Your mission states that the Falcon 9 main block must reach orbit, it isn't designed to get into orbit.

According to my calculations, getting the Falcon 9 first stage into LEO AND getting it to land back on Earth is impossible, because even if I am to exclude the second stage and the payload, it's max Delta V is only around 8013.13 m/s, the needed amount to get into LEO is 9400m/s. Unless you exclude atmospheric drag and gravity drag, you will need around 7800m/s, which will be impossible to factor out or it will be unrealistic.
You will expend all of the fuel just to barely get under LEO, let alone rendevu with another orbiting station to refuel, and the F9 has no orbital refuel capabilities.

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
Calling a mission impossible is called being a dick? And vocalizing my opinion is wrong? Is that not totalitarian? What's the matter, can't take criticism as small as this?
Well with your self proclaimed “intelligence” and “wisdom” you should know when not to say your opinion.
You like to show how tough you are, well don’t. Sometimes people don’t want the type of criticism you give

Well with your self proclaimed “intelligence” and “wisdom” you should know when not to say your opinion.
You like to show how tough you are, well don’t. Sometimes people don’t want the type of criticism you give
Who said I am wise? This is the public internet forums, any opinion is welcome. You have no power to determine what comes and goes. Unless you run your internet like North Korea. I don't like to show how tough I am, I want you tough up. Of course people hate criticism, this forums isn't an echo chamber, not every viewer shares the same idea as you and when they can tell you it's wrong, they will.

Danny Batten

Professor
Registered
Who said I am wise? This is the public internet forums, any opinion is welcome. You have no power to determine what comes and goes. Unless you run your internet like North Korea. I don't like to show how tough I am, I want you tough up. Of course people hate criticism, this forums isn't an echo chamber, not every viewer shares the same idea as you and when they can tell you it's wrong, they will.
You said you were wise you useless paper clip

Danny Batten

Professor
Registered
Parrot? You do know that my replies are very different from your messages right? Almost the opposite? You chose to come here and call me a dick for trying to explain why this mission will be impossible to accomplish and start a mindless argument on how "mean" I am. Take a good look at yourself, who do you think is the real dick here? Who do you think is really rude?
You....most definitely you. You make everyone feel insignificant and bad at the game.

Your attitude, the way you don’t give a shit about people’s feelings. Your a textbook psycho
So you have no proof? just say you have no proof, I won't mad! I never once talked shit about other people's rocket builds. You want proof that I have empathy? I am worried about realism and detail because I am going to working on civilian aerial transport in the future, my work my responsibility, I can't bring to forgive myself if people are to die on the plane or helicopter I was tasked to repair. Can you not see I have been showing empathy indirectly all this time?

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Wow, calm down guys! :eek:
That's just supposed to be a game!

@8bitCosmonaut , I think you should be careful with the way you give your opinion. Your opinion is respectable, but there's a difference between "This is not interesting" and "I'm not interested". The first sentence sounds more offensive (even if you didn't mean to be, but this is how it may be perceived), while the second one just implies your opinion.
Personally if I'm not interested I'll just ignore it, it's not necessary that everybody knows my opinion :rolleyes:

Wow, calm down guys! :eek:
That's just supposed to be a game!

@8bitCosmonaut , I think you should be careful with the way you give your opinion. Your opinion is respectable, but there's a difference between "This is not interesting" and "I'm not interested". The first sentence sounds more offensive (even if you didn't mean to be, but this is how it may be perceived), while the second one just implies your opinion.
Personally if I'm not interested I'll just ignore it, it's not necessary that everybody knows my opinion :rolleyes:
Right, forget this ever happened.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Screw em' eh, they'll never get it. He even put words in my mouth, claiming I talked crap about folk's designs. Back to some real engineering shall we?
To be honest I don't approve either some words that have been employed against you. I'm not a moderator though, so I won't tell more about that, this is not my role.
So yeah, let's get back to play ;)

P

PhantomGamingYT