Realistic Mars with Day/Night cycle and Reentry effects.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
I have one problem with the mod.

Why is it that despite being night time, the spacecraft is still brighter and whiter than West Virginia? Shouldn't it be blacker than Detriot?
Okay, that is not a problem.

Uhhh... in case you don't know it, there is not something called "day-night cycle" in the SFS Planet Editor, so we have to improvise. Most of us make DN cycles with just clouds. So what you see in the background during the night is not a special night texture, is just space, like if there were no atmosphere.

That being said, I must reply that darken only the night is simply impossible. You can dark things up with Post Processing, but that will apply to the whole planet, not just to a section (the night), and will definitively won't rotate around the planet.

So... honestly what you request is impossible.

Okay, that is not a problem.

Uhhh... in case you don't know it, there is not something called "day-night cycle" in the SFS Planet Editor, so we have to improvise. Most of us make DN cycles with just clouds. So what you see in the background during the night is not a special night texture, is just space, like if there were no atmosphere.

That being said, I must reply that darken only the night is simply impossible. You can dark things up with Post Processing, but that will apply to the whole planet, not just to a section (the night), and will definitively won't rotate around the planet.

So... honestly what you request is impossible.
I know, I was trying to be racistly funny.

I also saw a screenshot from discord about an actual day night cycle, where during night time the area was absolutely dark, and was lit by floodlights from the lander.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Must be one hell of a fanart because it looked legit. One problem with Discord is, the chat is spammier than a can of spam, once that picture was posted it just got buried under a swarm of "WOWS".

Never to be seen again.
Ahhh... I was pretty sure it was fanart. Thank you.

I mean I can make a night-time Earth with darkness, but it will be a total night, without day.