Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I mean, they aren’t even gonna try and defend themselves or prove their points and side of the argument. It’s their community, they can do what they want, but to just delete quality well thought out content (something rare for that sub) is really just a shame.
Aidigigiigigigigi did try that, slightly. Missed what I was trying to say, of course. And reversed after saying that people seem to be enjoying it, thus it must be good.
Which is what the last post was answering to.

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Aidigigiigigigigi did try that, slightly.
Yeah, I did see that. Maybe valid points are so rare that they are considered trolling. Idk, this whole thing just kinda ticks me off more than it should.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Wow, it's yet in Comedy?! That was fast!

Everybody is free to enjoy the game as he wants, but at that point it's either unawareness or... dumbness? No offense I precise, I did myself a similar challenge and I was perfectly aware about what it would imply. And I didn't find this funny. At least running the numbers, designing the launcher and performing the VEEGA maneuver was fun, but then it's just sitting and watching the ion engines slowly burning hundreds of tons of fuel for hours.

That reminds me those 10 hours youtube video you occasionally find. Do some people really watch them? :rolleyes:

The epic chicken

Grim Reaper
Asteroid Contest Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Yeah. Granted it was down to 1,000km, but Altair barely managed it with 5 tons. And needed nearly an entire day of ion burns

No.

In fact, yes. You should try this. Apparently you throw kiloton launch vehicles into low solar orbit all the time, so this should be easy for you.
Unless the dog ate the blueprint for your rocket again?
2 problems
that vehicle launches into an orbit it likes not one i pick which is usually high solar orbit
and i still need a second stage to descend
but i can do it just i dont want to

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
but i can do it just i dont want to
Idk, I have a sneaking suspicion that maybe, just maybe you aren’t being true to your words. Of course, you should be able to easily prove me wrong, but that would require you actually doing it.

The epic chicken

Grim Reaper
Asteroid Contest Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Idk, I have a sneaking suspicion that maybe, just maybe you aren’t being true to your words. Of course, you should be able to easily prove me wrong, but that would require you actually doing it.
i don't even use the sfs sub reddit anyways so is there a point

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
i don't even use the sfs sub reddit anyways so is there a point
Ok, let's leave it there then.
But of course we won't believe you, that's the game.

It's the same as if I told you that I could reach more than 100 km/s with a launcher that weighs 20 tons on the launchpad, without refueling, without cheats/glitches or anything. Would you believe me?

The epic chicken

Grim Reaper
Asteroid Contest Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Ok, let's leave it there then.
But of course we won't believe you, that's the game.

It's the same as if I told you that I could reach more than 100 km/s with a launcher that weighs 20 tons on the launchpad, without refueling, without cheats/glitches or anything. Would you believe me?
yes

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I guess it depends on people's personal standards... :rolleyes:

I just read a bit, this is crazy. Come on, did they really tell you they did it, and that they didn't know where you got 30000 m/s from?!
And they deleted your messages?! Hell, by those standards there are quite a few messages we should delete here...

Ok, I guess I'll do the challenge my own way. Let's have some real fun!

By the way...
Come on, you really have no idea about how I would do it but yet you believe I can? Wouldn't it be safer not to believe it at that stage?

Ok, now wait for a few minutes...

Last edited by a moderator:

The epic chicken

Grim Reaper
Asteroid Contest Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I guess it depends on people's personal standards... :rolleyes:

I just read a bit, this is crazy. Come on, did they really tell you they did it, and that they didn't know where you got 30000 m/s from?!
And they deleted your messages?! Hell, by those standards there are quite a few messages we should delete here...

Ok, I guess I'll do the challenge my own way. Let's have some real fun!

By the way...

Come on, you really have no idea about how I would do it but yet you believe I can? Wouldn't it be safer not to believe it at that stage?

Ok, now wait for a few minutes...
waiting

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Ok, here is my version of the reddit challenge!

I won't do tier 2 and 3 because I know what it would mean, but tier 1 is easily doable. Also, I'll do it with that launcher:
Screenshot_20210429-182100_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
That's right, that launcher weighs exactly 20000 kilograms! Let's celebrate the 20000 members that way!

First step is to reach LEO. I'll also transfer some of the fuel from the second stage to the first stage during the flight:
Screenshot_20210429-182329_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210429-183010_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210429-183046_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210429-183053_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210429-183110_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210429-183328_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Now I'm in Earth orbit with just 30% of the smallest fuel tank in the game. That's way too much to be honest!

Time to turn on the Stig mode...
BelatedIllegalHypsilophodon-size_restricted.gif

Let's start an injection burn to Venus. I'll do it in 2 passes:
Screenshot_20210429-183734_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210429-183859_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210429-190024_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

And now I'll let Isaac Newton drive the car!
Screenshot_20210429-190456_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210429-190930_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210429-191041_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

I'll boost a little the last gravity assist to get an encounter with Jupiter:
Screenshot_20210429-191250_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210429-191451_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Now we are on the road to the Sun! I just need a bit more power to lower the periapsis to 20000 km:
Screenshot_20210429-191740_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20210429-191758_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

And here is the result:
Screenshot_20210429-191951_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

With a 20000 kilograms rocket, I reached 20000 kilometers above the Sun, with 20% of fuel left, and the throttle slider set on 20%.

And the 20000 m/s mark has been pulverized!

THAT's how I have fun and how I celebrate the 20000th member!

See The epic chicken ? Now it's safe to believe me :)
The same goes for your rocket. If you have nothing to show, then we'll just assume it's safer not to believe it.

The epic chicken

Grim Reaper
Asteroid Contest Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered

I won't do tier 2 and 3 because I know what it would mean, but tier 1 is easily doable. Also, I'll do it with that launcher:
View attachment 62008
That's right, that launcher weighs exactly 20000 kilograms! Let's celebrate the 20000 members that way!

First step is to reach LEO. I'll also transfer some of the fuel from the second stage to the first stage during the flight:
View attachment 62009 View attachment 62014 View attachment 62013 View attachment 62012 View attachment 62011 View attachment 62010

Now I'm in Earth orbit with just 30% of the smallest fuel tank in the game. That's way too much to be honest!

View attachment 62015

View attachment 62016 View attachment 62017 View attachment 62018

View attachment 62019 View attachment 62020 View attachment 62021

View attachment 62022 View attachment 62023

Now we are on the road to the Sun! I just need a bit more power to lower the periapsis to 20000 km:
View attachment 62025 View attachment 62024

And here is the result:
View attachment 62026
With a 20000 kilograms rocket, I reached 20000 kilometers above the Sun, with 20% of fuel left, and the throttle slider set on 20%.

The same goes for your rocket. If you have nothing to show, then we'll just assume it's safer not to believe it.
i'll try if i get time

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
That didn't age well.

See chicken, this is how Altaïr got his reputation. Not by making empty claims, by getting shit done.

Some say that he knows what he's talking about. And really is rather good at this game, even when he's trolling.

All we know is, your challenges mean nothing to The Space Stig.

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered

View attachment 62008

View attachment 62009 View attachment 62014 View attachment 62013 View attachment 62012 View attachment 62011 View attachment 62010

View attachment 62015

View attachment 62016 View attachment 62017 View attachment 62018

View attachment 62019 View attachment 62020 View attachment 62021

View attachment 62022 View attachment 62023

View attachment 62025 View attachment 62024

And here is the result:
View attachment 62026

Now i know why my world got a little distorted, you've just turn on the Stig Mode :p :p

Now my crafts are falling from their orbits now :p

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
i give up
i flew the station straight into a planet
Please prefer editing your first post instead of posting twice in a row. Now that you have the Team Titan award you have that possibility :)

Regarding the challenge... Well, too bad. But maybe you should try more than once. And use the quicksave too.