Return from the Pink Planet

zTallsRobot

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
A kinda "fun" challenge I have done. Basically, I made a goofy planet pack with four challenging worlds relatively harder than Venus, the hardest of these planet being the Pink Planet. Pink Planet Stats:
Diameter: 1100km
Gravity: 12.8m/s2 (arround 1.3 gees)
Atmosphere Height: 40km, identical as Venus
Atmosphere density: 0.03 (20% denser than Venus's)
Orbital Speed: Arround 2600m/s, recommend to use propulsion or a very draggy craft to slow down without heating up
Escape Velocity: arround 3.2km/s
Might do another thread for the planet pack download, although the challenge here is to land on the pink planet and return. I made it without DLC parts (only used a few DLC parts for adaptation configurations and save some mass, and the build area is DLC) apollo style mission there and back. Here's the pics:
1708618162343.png

Despite being minimalistic, my mission is still really massive, but as you can see I used 50kg fairings as separators (adapted with DLC parts to maintain the configuration, then the tanks get removed by placing RCS above and getting destroyed) Side fuselages, the most aerodynamic parts in the game, and some stuff, I could still optimise it more, such as adding RAP side fuselages instead of struts in the lander descent gear, saving some tons of struts, and other stuff general. the lander's second stage is 0.9 wide (adapted by parachutes, using a similar trick as the one i mentioned before with the fairings).Anyways, enough text, I'll let you see the rest of the mission's pics

image.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

7.png

8.png

11.png

12.png

13.png

14.png

15.png

16.png

17.png

18.png

19.png

20.png

I used the upper fairing on the reentry probe to litho-brake, though i hit the 20 image limit so i may post the rest of the return and archievements in a reply.

Attachments

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Ah, nice. I guess it's time for the Spartan launcher (aka the launcher that can launch from Jupiter and reach orbit) to shine :p
Spaceflight Simulator_2023-01-10-20-43-18.jpg