Robotic service arm

P

Plezples

I would so much love to see something like this...
Could be done by three new parts: 90° hinge, struts of different lenght, hinged docking port for attaching stuff.
Control would be done the same way as RCS, but this time buttons move the port position ie. extension. Two more inputs would be needed for head rotation.
First tap would activate control, second tab would return the arm into designed position.
Concept made from existing parts:
hinge concept 2.png

Just ideas...

ReEntry15

CEO of space cat delivery
Registered
Could be done by three new parts: 90° hinge, struts of different lenght, hinged docking port for attaching stuff.
Control would be done the same way as RCS, but this time buttons move the port position ie. extension. Two more inputs would be needed for head rotation.
First tap would activate control, second tab would return the arm into designed position.
View attachment 805
Just ideas...
My god that is EXACTLY what I wanted!

Thank you very much stefuccino cappuccino approves

ReEntry15

CEO of space cat delivery
Registered
View attachment 805
Just ideas...
This is amazing

D

Daniel

Awesome idea. The controls might pose a problem though, since it would either cause your ship to become uncontrollable while the arm is in action or it would add too many buttons to the screen.

This could be solved by adding an automatic relative position keeper function, eliminating the need to control the ship and the arm at the same time.

Aiden

Registered
Thats really coooool. It will help a lot if monopropellent (dont know how to write it) tanks and engines are added. And for docking when only using Ion engines

View attachment 805
Just ideas...
Awesome job