RP Currency

Who thinks if this becomes a reality there will be:

• 1 Central currency

• 5+

Results are only viewable after voting.
T

The Dark in the Light

So, I'm half awake and thinking about how 'currency' could be implemented for RP. I think that having on everybodys profile, the amount of a certain currency each person has, it can be private or public the amount of currency you have. We would also need something to be able to exchange the currencys assuming there is more than one, which I'm sure there will be. We could use the money to, say, by warships or pay for resources to develop your economy (which gives me another idea). I'm aware there are LOTS of flaws with this such as the amount of time put into coding this and implementing and foolproofing. Its just a theory that might be a good future idea. Thanks for listening to me on this and tell me what you think on this absurd idea.

Jez 10

Local Expert Pinoy
ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
There's some currency here. URG and PRI uses Bread, ROA uses Maharlike, SE... uhmmm... I kind of forgot.

T

The Dark in the Light

There's some currency here. URG and PRI uses Bread, ROA uses Maharlike, SE... uhmmm... I kind of forgot.
I was thinking like actually currency, money rather than a commodity currency. Just a theory.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I was thinking like actually currency, money rather than a commodity currency. Just a theory.
Is there a difference? All currency is, whether that be real dollars or SE Perlak, is a commodity. Payment given for services rendered, and the medium of such can be absolutely anything from favours to camels. Money is just a method of giving relative value to both the goods and the payment

T

The Dark in the Light

Is there a difference? All currency is, whether that be real dollars or SE Perlak, is a commodity. Payment given for services rendered, and the medium of such can be absolutely anything from favours to camels. Money is just a method of giving relative value to both the goods and the payment
True, when you think about there isn't a difference aside from what you call it, be it, as you said, favours or camels.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
True, when you think about there isn't a difference aside from what you call it, be it, as you said, favours or camels.
The Royal Mint defines 'legal tender' as anything you will take, that I'll give you in return for goods or services. Pretty much means anything, as long as the receiving party values it.

It's partly why currency wouldn't work in SFS, even if there was a monetary system. Everything in-game is free anyway (and not just parts. Blueprints and advice are open-source), so the currency will essentially turn into a score system rather than a basis for transactions.