Russian Grand Tour (SFS 1.35 PC)

Was it fair that I used the bigger building grid mod?

• Yes, many people used Orbital/launchpad Assembly or refuel.

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • No, that's cheating

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Well, is not cheating isn't either Impressive.

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
All right, I’ve recently installed SFS 1.35 for PC, and after building a shuttle and landing everywhere separately, I decided it was time to land on all of them on a single mission. Yes, I’m talking about a Grand Tour.

I’m using the bigger grid mod, to make bigger rockets, which sounds unfair at first moment, but everyone from the few people that completed this mission back on 1.35 used either orbital/launchpad assembly or refueling. I’m not doing anything of that, I’m just using this mod. My mission is single launch and no refueling, but if you still think this is unfair, leave your vote on the poll above.

And I’m using the ROSCOSMOS texture pack made by Jupiter, so its basically a Russian Grand Tour :)

Okay this is my rocket
Slide1-1.PNG

God, I love this staging mod! You can detach all the boosters simultaneously by just pressing a single button!

Slide2-1.PNG

Anyway, I went to Venus first, this is my spacecraft during the TVI.

Slide3-1.PNG

Now Backwards, after the boosters are separated :p As you can see there two landers. The one that has the fairing is for Venus only, and the other one, with solar panels, is for basically, everything else.

Slide4-1.PNG

I’m using aerobrake to make an orbit around the second planet, next I’m going to detach the first lander. The mothership will remain in a low orbit.

Slide5-1.PNG

First target completed, now back to orbit and to meet with the mothership.

Slide6.PNG

My Venusian lander is the small craft you see on the left. Now I’m going to transfer the remaining fuel on the lander to the mothership and detach the fuel tank, rotate the capsule and dock it back.

Slide7.PNG

Now the Venusian lander is in command of the mothership! To Mercury…

In the route to this planet I used Altair’s Triple Gravity Assist maneuver to reduce apoapsis to Mercury’s level, that saved me about 200 m/s of dV. Again, its just detach the second lander and go to the surface.

Slide8.PNG

For doubts, you guys can look at SFS Engineer at the top right corner and look it says “Current Body: Mercury”.

Back to the mothership again and on my way to Mars. I burned for Venus, then used a Venus GA to reach Earth and an Earth GA to reach the red planet. Aerobrake helped in orbit capture. Again, I refueled the lander and descended.

Slide9.PNG

This is the last time I’m using the mothership, she has served us well, but her fuel levels are really low. So, I’m just going to climb, dock, refuel and abandon her… But I didn’t want to leave her in orbit, so I used the Ions to deorbit… Then detach the capsule and reorbited again.

Slide10.PNG

You can see on the SFS Engineer that periapsis indicates 0. Now, on the current configuration, to the Martian moons.

Slide11.PNG
Slide12.PNG

We have done on the Martian System, but we have one more goal: The Moon.

So, I just waited on Deimos till the transfer window to Earth, then until Deimos is behind Mars (not exactly behind, a little outward), burned for Mars, the at the periapsis burned for Earth. It worked!

Back to the pale blue dot I trimmed my aerobrake so when it was completed my apoapsis was approximately at Moon’s level, now it was just timewarp to get an encounter and land the standard way.

Slide13.PNG

You can see I have plenty of fuel, So I’m going for a final goal: Land on the launchpad!

Slide14.PNG

That’s all. Mission Completed. Thank you for reading.

Slide15.PNG

All right, I’ve recently installed SFS 1.35 for PC
God, I love this staging mod! You can detach all the boosters simultaneously by just pressing a single button!
You're welcome :p

Grand tour on PC's something I haven't seen... Until now
And I see you used the batteries to hold the top level of boosters onto the bottom level...

I should just start with a Martian moon tour...

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Very well done! Nice design by the way :)
I must say I miss 1.35 because aerodynamics were actually working under this version. I hope 1.5 will fix that...

All right, I’ve recently installed SFS 1.35 for PC, and after building a shuttle and landing everywhere separately, I decided it was time to land on all of them on a single mission. Yes, I’m talking about a Grand Tour.

I’m using the bigger grid mod, to make bigger rockets, which sounds unfair at first moment, but everyone from the few people that completed this mission back on 1.35 used either orbital/launchpad assembly or refueling. I’m not doing anything of that, I’m just using this mod. My mission is single launch and no refueling, but if you still think this is unfair, leave your vote on the poll above.

And I’m using the ROSCOSMOS texture pack made by Jupiter, so its basically a Russian Grand Tour :)

Okay this is my rocket
View attachment 27368

View attachment 27369

Anyway, I went to Venus first, this is my spacecraft during the TVI.

View attachment 27370

Now Backwards, after the boosters are separated :p As you can see there two landers. The one that has the fairing is for Venus only, and the other one, with solar panels, is for basically, everything else.

View attachment 27371

I’m using aerobrake to make an orbit around the second planet, next I’m going to detach the first lander. The mothership will remain in a low orbit.

View attachment 27372

First target completed, now back to orbit and to meet with the mothership.

View attachment 27373

My Venusian lander is the small craft you see on the left. Now I’m going to transfer the remaining fuel on the lander to the mothership and detach the fuel tank, rotate the capsule and dock it back.

View attachment 27374

Now the Venusian lander is in command of the mothership! To Mercury…

In the route to this planet I used Altair’s Triple Gravity Assist maneuver to reduce apoapsis to Mercury’s level, that saved me about 200 m/s of dV. Again, its just detach the second lander and go to the surface.

View attachment 27375

For doubts, you guys can look at SFS Engineer at the top right corner and look it says “Current Body: Mercury”.

Back to the mothership again and on my way to Mars. I burned for Venus, then used a Venus GA to reach Earth and an Earth GA to reach the red planet. Aerobrake helped in orbit capture. Again, I refueled the lander and descended.

View attachment 27376

This is the last time I’m using the mothership, she has served us well, but her fuel levels are really low. So, I’m just going to climb, dock, refuel and abandon her… But I didn’t want to leave her in orbit, so I used the Ions to deorbit… Then detach the capsule and reorbited again.

View attachment 27377

You can see on the SFS Engineer that periapsis indicates 0. Now, on the current configuration, to the Martian moons.

View attachment 27378 View attachment 27379

We have done on the Martian System, but we have one more goal: The Moon.

So, I just waited on Deimos till the transfer window to Earth, then until Deimos is behind Mars (not exactly behind, a little outward), burned for Mars, the at the periapsis burned for Earth. It worked!

Back to the pale blue dot I trimmed my aerobrake so when it was completed my apoapsis was approximately at Moon’s level, now it was just timewarp to get an encounter and land the standard way.

View attachment 27380

You can see I have plenty of fuel, So I’m going for a final goal: Land on the launchpad!

View attachment 27381

That’s all. Mission Completed. Thank you for reading.

View attachment 27382
borat[1].jpg

Once again I was convinced that I very...very.. криворукий ..... what will be the English man whose hands grow out of the ass?