Sadness. Joy. Separations. Reunions. Full Moon. New Moon. Thousands of miles apart.

苏轼 said:
人有悲欢离合,月有阴晴圆缺...但愿人长久,千里共婵娟。
People will encounter sadness.
People will encounter joy.
People will experience separations.
People will experience reunions.
The moon will be waxing.
The moon will be waning.
The moon will be full.
The moon will be new.
We all hope to live long,
and enjoy moon's beauty even thousands of miles apart.

Paris lies on the red planet with its compass pointing to Venus. Helen sits on the Morning Star with its compass pointing to Mars. Two astronauts are living millions of miles apart, yet they are still bonded by love. People say that the force of love is as strong as gravity, it can pull two people together regardless of distance. It is your job to demonstrate the power of this force and inspire all separated people to be reunited.

1) This is a picture of a capsule(Paris) on Mars base.

2) This is a picture of a capsule on a Venus(Helen) base.
3) Here is one obstacle preventing Paris from leaving Mars' SOI.
4) Here is one obstacle preventing Helen from leaving Venus' SOI.
5) Paris is forced to return to the Mars base.
6) Helen is forced to return to the Venus base.
7) Here is another obstacle preventing Paris from leaving Mars' SOI(but Paris successfully passes the obstacle).
8) Here is another obstacle preventing Helen from leaving Venus' SOI(but Helen passes the obstacle).
9) Both capsules/spacecrafts land on a beautiful scenery on the Moon(eg. palace, dome, aesthetic base etc.)

10) Describe the beauty of reunions(Don't have to do this if you are not proficient at English).

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Aah, so let me see if I've got this.

Capsule on Venus
Capsule on Mars
Recover both capsules and place onto the moon

Aah, so let me see if I've got this.

Capsule on Venus
Capsule on Mars
Recover both capsules and place onto the moon
Wow. You just ruined the elegance of my whole mission but yes, that's the idea. Remember to add obstacles such as:
  • Not enough fuel so must return to planet to refuel.
  • A non-essential part collided with debris but the Astronaut's perseverance and piloting skills got him to the moon.
  • Wind/duststorm delaying the flight. During the delay, the astronaut is preparing a gift for the other astronaut.
  • Excessive heat during entry.
  • Lack of oxygen.
You get the idea. You are not limited to the obstacles listed and allow your imagination to carry you through this mission.

T

TtTOtW

... So... Complete confusion = poetry = romance = elegance? Lol... I also thought that... about 20+ years ago... when I was a teenager. Life sort of makes the mist evaporate. Shows you all the dead bodies you used to trip over, thinking it to be romantic clumsiness. True, love is blind. But, you have no idea HOW blind...

The Astronomer

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
TtTOtW : "Elegance? I dunno, I only saw Confusion. Confusion. Confusion. Confusion. Full Confusion. New Confusion. Thousands of confusions apart (me and the context)."

im so sorry

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
People will encounter sadness.
People will encounter joy.
People will experience separations.
People will experience reunions.
The moon will be waxing.
The moon will be waning.
The moon will be full.
The moon will be new.
We all hope to live long,
and enjoy moon's beauty even thousands of miles apart.

Paris lies on the red planet with its compass pointing to Venus. Helen sits on the Morning Star with its compass pointing to Mars. Two astronauts are living millions of miles apart, yet they are still bonded by love. People say that the force of love is as strong as gravity, it can pull two people together regardless of distance. It is your job to demonstrate the power of this force and inspire all separated people to be reunited.

1) This is a picture of a capsule(Paris) on Mars base.
2) This is a picture of a capsule on a Venus(Helen) base.
3) Here is one obstacle preventing Paris from leaving Mars' SOI.
4) Here is one obstacle preventing Helen from leaving Venus' SOI.
5) Paris is forced to return to the Mars base.
6) Helen is forced to return to the Venus base.
7) Here is another obstacle preventing Paris from leaving Mars' SOI(but Paris successfully passes the obstacle).
8) Here is another obstacle preventing Helen from leaving Venus' SOI(but Helen passes the obstacle).
9) Both capsules/spacecrafts land on a beautiful scenery on the Moon(eg. palace, dome, aesthetic base etc.)

10) Describe the beauty of reunions(Don't have to do this if you are not proficient at English).
Um, dude, no offense for my lack of romanticism, but could you be a little more practical with the challenge?
I mean, is the challenge to drop a capsule on Venus, another on Mars, then bring them both to the Moon?

T

TtTOtW

We are so cruel, lol. I'm sure his girl was the inspiration for this, now look what we're doing.
Best we just call it poetic and move on after dumpi... delivering... both capsules on the Moon.

... So... Complete confusion = poetry = romance = elegance? Lol... I also thought that... about 20+ years ago... when I was a teenager. Life sort of makes the mist evaporate. Shows you all the dead bodies you used to trip over, thinking it to be romantic clumsiness. True, love is blind. But, you have no idea HOW blind...
You are confused because the poem is translates from another language with totally different grammar and style than English. You should be grateful that I provided the translation and didn't use google translate(in which you will be more confused). To relieve your confusion search up Prelude to Water Melody.
I really don't want to talk about religion but I can't find a better example. So if you're not Christian, just treat this as a fictional story.

G-d created Eve to relieve the loneliness of Adam. Even when they got expelled from Eden, it is their love that allows them to stay together and survive all the punishments because of their sins. According to the Bible, our presence today wouldn't even be possible without the love of the two people.

If you are still confused on anything, feel free to DM me and I will help you understand necessary information.
The Astronomer how do you cross out the text.

Um, dude, no offense for my lack of romanticism, but could you be a little more practical with the challenge?
I mean, is the challenge to drop a capsule on Venus, another on Mars, then bring them both to the Moon?
I will post my example of the challenge in a few hours as a reference.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
*Warning: Long Blazer Post!*

Okay, I did it! I assume you guys thought that we needed to send a first mission to deploy the girl on Venus, a second mission to deploy the boy on Mars, and a third mission to recover them both, right? Well, I decided to do all of that, on a single mission!

I just skipped the base part. I currently don't have a base on Venus... And I'm not playing on the quicksave where I have all my Mars bases, so...

Let's just go to the flight.
Screenshot_20191119-143904.png

The only bp edited thing here is the Venus lander (on top, where Helen sits), and still that's only positioning editing. The boosters are moved 1 meter towards the core to make it look cooler.

In orbit
Screenshot_20191119-144447.png

Boosters landing
Screenshot_20191119-171159.png

Launcher Core's landing
Screenshot_20191119-180511.png

Spacecraft in orbit.
Screenshot_20191119-180604.png

In the front you can see the Venus lander, where Helen sits. Behind it is the Mars capsule, where Paris sits. The rest are solar panels and boosters.

The plan is to burn for Venus, then separate the Mars lander. This one will slingshot the Star of the Dawn (Venus) and will aim for the Red planet, where it will land.

In the meantime, the rest of the spacecraft will reconfigure itself. Helen will descend to the second planet, while on orbit, one of the booster will remain to bring her to the Moon, where the encounter has been set up (Apollo style mission).

The Mars mission is a single stage, so I don't have to explain much ;).

Okay, the arrival to Venus and the separation of the machines and the lovers...
Screenshot_20191119-215123.png

Helen arrives to Venus
Screenshot_20191120-182212.png

Paris slingshots the Star of the Dawn and plans his path to the Red planet.
Screenshot_20191120-182843.png

Now for the return mission... Reunite these lovers on the Moon!
First Helen... Hell, flying this vehicle was harder than expected:rolleyes:.
Screenshot_20191120-183803.png

Screenshot_20191120-183945.png

Her encounter with the return booster (you can see that the tip has been ejected, also the second booster has been deorbited)
Screenshot_20191120-184324.png

Paris lifts-off from Mars.
Screenshot_20191120-184559.png

And finally, the long awaited, encounter in Moon orbit!
Screenshot_20191120-195618.png

The following reconfiguration:
  • Detach Paris' service module.
  • Temporary separate Helen's capsule from the booster.
  • Rotate and dock Paris' command pod to the booster.
  • Detach, rotate, and redock Helen's capsule in front of the vessel.
It looks like this:)
Screenshot_20191120-200051.png

Now for the final return and landing on Launchpad, Earth... without parachutes...
Screenshot_20191120-201132.png

Mission Completed:cool:!

Now I'll just skip the speech part because, as you can see...
(Don't have to do this if you are not proficient at English).
Besides, I'm not very romantic.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Nice :)
And yeah, escaping Venus is always a challenge in itself.