• Tags dlc

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Did you see my 1:1 Apollo 11 Saturn V, Earl?
Yes, I have. It's an absolute mammoth! I think I was confused about the saturn v's twr because of it's ratger long time it takes to clear the tower. An article I read said 1.16-1.2 but I agree that you're right.

T

TtTOtW

I can't start to explain to you how much I learned about the old girl when trying to build a fully functional replica.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Better, although the TWR is still very high. I would recommend using a Broadsword on the central core, and a single engine on the second stage.
I tried that. Broadsword doesn't drain the core fast enough for it to have TWR >1 when the boosters detach. :(
Your speed goes down. :eek:

T

TtTOtW

I tried that. Broadsword doesn't drain the core fast enough for it to have TWR >1 when the boosters detach. :(
Well then you don't need such big boosters, clearly. The hawk can handle itself much earlier. Plus the saved weight will maybe let you use two broadswords on a much shorter booster set. All in all, you'll take the same 20t to the same 100km orbit for a far lower price tag.

T

TtTOtW

Well then you don't need such big boosters, clearly. The hawk can handle itself much earlier. Plus the saved weight will maybe let you use two broadswords on a much shorter booster set. All in all, you'll take the same 20t to the same 100km orbit for a far lower price tag.
Screenshot_20200110-204418.png

Less booster, more core.
Because even v2 has enough thrust to lift the whole thing without boosters. Only, the TWR counts against it at 1.05 with a full 20t payload.
Screenshot_20200110-203633.png
Screenshot_20200110-203737.png

That was enough assistance.
Screenshot_20200110-203853.png

That little bit will do, gravity and drag are low enough by now. So the 0.78ish TWR is just there to slightly push up the apoapsis by about 5km.
Screenshot_20200110-203953.png

Karman, baby! Woooooooo!
Screenshot_20200110-204259.png

100km? Nope.
Screenshot_20200110-204303.png

For many tons less.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
-OR-

Use two Broadswords...

T

The Dark in the Light

View attachment 31626
Less booster, more core.
Because even v2 has enough thrust to lift the whole thing without boosters. Only, the TWR counts against it at 1.05 with a full 20t payload.
View attachment 31627 View attachment 31628
That was enough assistance.
View attachment 31629
That little bit will do, gravity and drag are low enough by now. So the 0.78ish TWR is just there to slightly push up the apoapsis by about 5km.
View attachment 31630
Karman, baby! Woooooooo!
View attachment 31631
100km? Nope.
View attachment 31632
For many tons less.
I suppose if want to be as efficient as possible I could do that, but I'm gonna keep the design that I posted yesterday as, though I appreciate the criticism and tips given. I'm keeping the design the same because, well, it looks pretty cool.

T

TtTOtW

I suppose if want to be as efficient as possible I could do that, but I'm gonna keep the design that I posted yesterday as, though I appreciate the criticism and tips given. I'm keeping the design the same because, well, it looks pretty cool.
Lol, I just gave my advice :) I like how your version looks. And it does the job.

T

The Dark in the Light

Lol, I just gave my advice :) I like how your version looks. And it does the job.
Yeah, its probably my best satellite rocket. My god you wont believe how pissed off I was and am, about trying to record a new version of the EC. IT WONT FRICKING RECORD, but it does, only for maybe a minute then stops. When I found out that it kept stopping, lots of profanity was said.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Cos muh copyright
- Android, a few months ago.

Essentially it doesn't want you recording direct audio from paid content like spotify or podcasts
I think android 10 allows it. Maybe I should click that install button that popped up for it today.