Saturn v build

Working on Saturn v !any suggestions holler going for a moon land soon

Attachments

Lol I know it’s buggin shit out me, besides hiding couple in separaters above not sure what to do , them engines is only way get it to orbit any ideas? Even 4 hidden frontiers damn thing rough

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Personally I don't especially try to fit the good number of engines in such a case. Let's take your first stage for example: the number of engine is correct, but they were assembled in a cross pattern. In a 2D game you can't really recreate that, they appear to be in a row.
That's why I tend to prefer that kind of build:
Screenshot_20190108-110120_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20190108-110130_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg Screenshot_20190108-110152_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
Only 3 engines for the first stage, but this is closer to what a real Saturn V would look like when it's seen from the side.
Moreover, engines are very powerful in this game: even with 3 Titan, my thrust/weight ratio is above 2 (it was only 1.14 for the real one :eek:). I even managed to do the full Moon mission with throttle capped at 60% with this one.
Your recreation is cool though, good work. :)

Thankyou very much, sliming it down would really like to have anice one fly with,
Personally I don't especially try to fit the good number of engines in such a case. Let's take your first stage for example: the number of engine is correct, but they were assembled in a cross pattern. In a 2D game you can't really recreate that, they appear to be in a row.
That's why I tend to prefer that kind of build:
View attachment 11658 View attachment 11659 View attachment 11660
Only 3 engines for the first stage, but this is closer to what a real Saturn V would look like when it's seen from the side.
Moreover, engines are very powerful in this game: even with 3 Titan, my thrust/weight ratio is above 2 (it was only 1.14 for the real one :eek:). I even managed to do the full Moon mission with throttle capped at 60% with this one.
Your recreation is cool though, good work. :)
Thankyou sir I managed to slim it down pre much to your scale it was so much easier to get around lol, thanks for advice it is looking better still trying to come up with escape pod mines lil big

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Thankyou very much, sliming it down would really like to have anice one fly with,

Thankyou sir I managed to slim it down pre much to your scale it was so much easier to get around lol, thanks for advice it is looking better still trying to come up with escape pod mines lil big
You're welcome :)
Glad you appreciate it. Good luck to recreate the escape tower, personally I didn't bother with it.