Sci-Fi games

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
A place to talk about science fiction games! Post your favorite screenshots and videos.

Earl

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I'll start. I was almost killed by a reaper leviathan in Subnautica.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Easy.

The single most terrifying game ever released on PC, the original Alien Vs Predator back in like 1995 or something.

Play as a Marine and tell me your heartrate doesn't got spastic when you're navigating in total blackness except the 3 flares you're carrying and suddenly the motion tracker starts making that noise.

Being an Alien was a lot of fun though as you could run up and jump from walls to ceilings etc making any room a truly 3 dimensional hunting area.

T

The Dark in the Light

Easy.

The single most terrifying game ever released on PC, the original Alien Vs Predator back in like 1995 or something.

Play as a Marine and tell me your heartrate doesn't got spastic when you're navigating in total blackness except the 3 flares you're carrying and suddenly the motion tracker starts making that noise.

Being an Alien was a lot of fun though as you could run up and jump from walls to ceilings etc making any room a truly 3 dimensional hunting area.
So now I have to pick between Minecraft and this game.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
So now I have to pick between Minecraft and this game.
You won't need to, it'll be cheap as hell to buy and any modern pc would be able to run it at max specs.
The lighting was cutting edge back then, actual shadows etc. And it seemed every bloody shadow had claws.

The audio made it though, everything sounded like it did in the films, especially the predators toys, and you had to learn the predators number system as well cos the HUD was in its language

And in survival you got to use ol' painless. Which meant you died in a large pile of brass rather than a small one.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Although, this could encompass all kinds of awesome games.

Commander & Conquer, Metal Gear, Dawn of War (and Space Marine cos it's awesome. But definitely not Fire Warrior, cos it's tonk), Ace Combat...

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
No Man's Sky is still the best SciFi game I've played, at least until now.

I'm trying to find how do I export the photos I take in-game, to post them here.

Earl

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
No Man's Sky is still the best SciFi game I've played, at least until now.

I'm trying to find how do I export the photos I take in-game, to post them here.
Yeah, No Man's Sky is also a great game.

Tony

Registered
I have already tested on several PCs. It works very well. The problem is still the same. The graphics card is the problem.

Tony

Registered
For information. On Linux no problem. On Windows you must install DirecX up to date and the 3d driver of the graphics card