Self orbiting rocket

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
Baisically just make a rocket that can get into orbit. The catch you can't use the the direction arrows to move the craft it must turn either through drag, engine placements, or other methods.

4KidsOneCamera

Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
It would be easier to launch vertically and capture with a lunar gravity assist
This was one of the ways it was done in 1.4. It is a good method, and pretty easy compared to some of the other methods.

Baisically just make a rocket that can get into orbit. The catch you can't use the the direction arrows to move the craft it must turn either through drag, engine placements, or other methods.
I asked about the infinite fuel cheat because I had to know if i needed to make a pinpoint accurate rocket with enough delta v. If it was infinite fuel i didn't have to worry about it. Anyways, I made a very aerodynamic rocket and flew straight ahead, with the moon being at 270° it took around 2500m/s of delta v to get a moon capture at below 100 m/s. Gravity assist of the moon slingshotted me into a rather large orbit around the earth. Took me less than a minute, ez win.

Attachments

I asked about the infinite fuel cheat because I had to know if i needed to make a pinpoint accurate rocket with enough delta v. If it was infinite fuel i didn't have to worry about it. Anyways, I made a very aerodynamic rocket and flew straight ahead, with the moon being at 270° it took around 2500m/s of delta v to get a moon capture at below 100 m/s. Gravity assist of the moon slingshotted me into a rather large orbit around the earth. Took me less than a minute, ez win.
also if you're wondering, the reason there's the "Detach first stage" is because i got caught into a tutorial in my new world and it got stuck even in my old save, so deal with it

Mooncrasher

Reading LOTR lore
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
infinite fuel cheat allowed?
If you used infinite fuel, you'd never complete the challenge, as you can't turn off the throttle.:eek:

Not bad.