(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Hello Everyone!

The discord, forums, and subreddit are all taking part in a new contest! The theme of this contest is do whatever you want at the captured asteroid orbiting Earth! Do you want to build a massive base on it? Build a station orbiting it? Perhaps surround the entire thing in a city? The choice is yours, just follow these rules and do your best to impress us!

Rules:
No cheats allowed (we do not consider clipping a cheat, you are free to clip).
2 No modded parts.
3 No infinite build space.
4 Limit of 3 blueprints per entry (you can not build outside the bounds of a normal blueprint).
5 1 entry per person.
6 You must post your images to the form via an imgur album (Imgur: The magic of the Internet).
7 Mods are allowed but nothing too cheaty like warpinator or other mods that are effectively cheats.
8 No exploits (like the Acarii drive or others).
9 You must use the default solar system, however, you can choose whichever difficulty you like.
10 Collaborative submissions are not allowed and submissions must be your own missions and crafts.
11 You must be a part of one of the 3 participating communities to submit an entry.
12 If you are BP editing, you are not allowed to use engine stretching, negative mass, alter fuel tank %, or disable heating damage.

Failure to follow these rules will result in your submission being disqualified.

We want everyone to submit an entry!
Do not worry, we have done our best to make the contest as fair as possible. There are 3 categories to choose from when submitting your entry.
Free to play (owning no DLC at all), Vanilla (owning any DLC but not using bp editing), and Edited (owning any DLC and using bp editing).
By seperating the contest into 3 categories, we ensure a free to play player will not have to face off against a highly skilled bp editor. By splitting up the contest into 3 categories we also increase the number of winners!

Prizes!
First place for all 3 categories will get their choice of either a steam edition key for PC, or the expansion bundle for mobile!
You'll also get a badge on the forums, a user flair on the subreddit, and a role on the discord.
If we get enough submissions, we may also give prizes to second and third place in each category, which would bring the total number of prize winners to 9, so if you want to increase the prize pool, be sure to submit an entry!

Dates
Submissions are open now! Submissions will close on Friday, August 25, 2023 10:00 AM CDT, voting will start the moment submissions close, and will go until Sunday, August 27, 2023 10:00 AM CDT (if we get an unexpectedly large amount of submissions, we may need a little longer to vote).

Here is the form to submit your submissions!
SFS Asteroid Creations Contest
If you make an error or need to resubmit, please contact Astria (Discord name @astria.porta) , Marmilo (Discord name is same), or Mooncrasher (Discord name @mooncrashery) on discord (only 1 resubmit allowed).

We hope you all enjoy this contest and we'll see you in a few weeks! Feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

Last edited:

Astria

Astria short for AstriaPorta (Stargate in ancient)
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Bp editing is a cheat right?
No BP editing is not considered a cheat. You simply need to submit your BP edited build to the BP editing category on the form.

S

Sportgus

Welp, I was gonna make an entry but putting even 50 debris in orbit will start to make you lag and gain velocity for no reason, plus altitude gets broken. Not a good builder aswell

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Welp, I was gonna make an entry but putting even 50 debris in orbit will start to make you lag and gain velocity for no reason, plus altitude gets broken. Not a good builder aswell
You're definitely above average, give it a shot

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Hello Everyone!

The discord, forums, and subreddit are all taking part in a new contest! The theme of this contest is do whatever you want at the captured asteroid orbiting Earth! Do you want to build a massive base on it? Build a station orbiting it? Perhaps surround the entire thing in a city? The choice is yours, just follow these rules and do your best to impress us!

Rules:
2 No modded parts.
4 Limit of 3 blueprints per entry (you can not build outside the bounds of a normal blueprint).
5 1 entry per person.
6 You must post your images to the form via an imgur album (Imgur: The magic of the Internet).
7 Mods are allowed but nothing too cheaty like warpinator or other mods that are effectively cheats.
9 You must use the default solar system, however, you can choose whichever difficulty you like.

Failure to follow these rules will result in your submission being disqualified.

Do not worry, we have done our best to make the contest as fair as possible. There are 3 categories to choose from when submitting your entry.
Free to play (owning no DLC at all), Vanilla (owning any DLC but not using bp editing), and Edited (owning any DLC and using bp editing).
By seperating the contest into 3 categories, we ensure a free to play player will not have to face off against a highly skilled bp editor. By splitting up the contest into 3 categories we also increase the number of winners!

Prizes!
First place for all 3 categories will get their choice of either a steam edition key for PC, or the expansion bundle for mobile!
You'll also get a badge on the forums, a user flair on the subreddit, and a role on the discord.
If we get enough submissions, we may also give prizes to second and third place in each category, which would bring the total number of prize winners to 9, so if you want to increase the prize pool, be sure to submit an entry!

Dates
Submissions are open now! Submissions will close on Friday, August 25, 2023 10:00 AM CDT, voting will start the moment submissions close, and will go until Sunday, August 27, 2023 10:00 AM CDT (if we get an unexpectedly large amount of submissions, we may need a little longer to vote).

If you make an error or need to resubmit, please contact Astria (Discord name @astria.porta) , Marmilo (Discord name is same), or Mooncrasher (Discord name @mooncrashery) on discord (only 1 resubmit allowed).

We hope you all enjoy this contest and we'll see you in a few weeks! Feel free to ask any questions that you may have.
I'd like to participate, but theres no way im even gonna get close to winning, the disadvantage i have when being on phone with no mods and part editor is just too big, and skill too low. No infinite grid is such a turnoff, and i also have the DLC on the phone and no pc to use the steam key on. Good luck to people who are gonna participate though!

Astria

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I'd like to participate, but theres no way im even gonna get close to winning, the disadvantage i have when being on phone with no mods and part editor is just too big, and skill too low. No infinite grid is such a turnoff, and i also have the DLC on the phone and no pc to use the steam key on. Good luck to people who are gonna participate though!
Isn't it fun to just participate and build something?

Last edited:

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Isn't it fun to just participate and build something?
I know how it sounds, but it would be pretty dissapointing for alot of time and effort to not end up mattering, especially since PC players have a big advantage over me

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
I know how it sounds, but it would be pretty dissapointing for alot of time and effort to not end up mattering, especially since PC players have a big advantage over me
Dude
Vanilla category exists
Also, don't overestimate the playerbase. Don't be a defeatist, you won't get anywhere if you don't try even when you're not the best. I participated in a rowing championship, being the shortest training contestant. I placed 25th out of 31, but it was worth the thrill and the future experience. Give it a shot, there's a ton of room for creativity and you'll have a great time building your creations

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Astria can clarify as necessary, but in practical terms we can't award more than one person for a submission, and since we are only awarding one person the submitter's submission has to be wholly their own original work.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Rule 5 says one per person, take that as "one for whole".

Astria

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
why no collaborative?
In addition to what Mooncrasher said, multiple people working together on a single submission is unfair to people who don't have the luxury of collaborating with others.

Idkgeek

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
Just checking, you can do normal clipping without being in the bp editing category? I can bp edit well but I only have experience in doing it for functions in my rockets like deployable doors not aesthetics.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Clipping is not a cheat and it does not require bp editing. It is considered vanilla.

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
Hello Everyone!

Rules:
2 No modded parts.
5 1 entry per person.
10 Collaborative submissions are not allowed and submissions must be your own missions and crafts.
11 You must be a part of one of the 3 participating communities to submit an entry.
12 If you are BP editing, you are not allowed to use engine stretching, negative mass, alter fuel tank %, or disable heating damage.

Prizes!

Dates

Can I use mods like Closest approach line, part editor, vanilla upgrades, etc.?