Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Haha, well done!

I like how ion engines are the best engine ingame, but people mostly use it for decorative purpose :p

[____Negative_Space____]

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Haha, well done!

I like how ion engines are the best engine ingame, but people mostly use it for decorative purpose :p
while they are the most efficient engine of the SFS propulsion collection, they only produce about .5 N of thrust. it's a practical drive for any deep space probes, but until some means of providing stasis for a crew is devised, it won't be pushing people interplanetarily. however, i don't see why more people aren't using them functionally as a light source with some oomph to it!

Mooncrasher

Reading LOTR lore
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
while they are the most efficient engine of the SFS propulsion collection, they only produce about .5 N of thrust. it's a practical drive for any deep space probes, but until some means of providing stasis for a crew is devised, it won't be pushing people interplanetarily. however, i don't see why more people aren't using them functionally as a light source with some oomph to it!
In SFS ions produce 1.5 tonnes (14.7kN) of thrust.:)
With enough of them you can even launch your rocket using them. I'd even hesitate to call them ions, a nuclear engine of some sort seems more appropriate.

I like to think that the reason why most people don't use them is because they make most scenarios too easy.:cool: