Solved SFS PC: Controls Broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

human101

Hi, I just got SFS on my pc, but every time I launch a rocket, the throttle automatically goes 100% and it I bring it down it just goes up again. Also the "left arrow" is constantly pressed so the rocket just keeps on going left. I have remapped the controls many times but it just doesn't work. Please help.

T

TtTOtW

Also check if you have StickyKeys active, otherwise perhaps your keyboard may be jammed or damaged in some way only made obvious by this specific game.

H

human101

I deleted the game folder, redownloaded the files, extracted them and ran the game.(also tried both 32 and 62 bit variants) Still glitches the same way.
I dont have sticky keys enabled.

MikeWe

Registered
I don't think I can do anything about it, the pc version works fine and it seems like you're the only one with this problem. Check your Keybindings and also make sure that you don't have any macros.

H

human101

Ok, thanks. Also are are SFS files stored anywhere else other than the extracted folder? Because when I reinstalled it, it remembered all the rockets, keyboard prefs ECT.

T

TtTOtW

Ok, thanks. Also are are SFS files stored anywhere else other than the extracted folder? Because when I reinstalled it, it remembered all the rockets, keyboard prefs ECT.
Your PC stores preferences, certificates, permissions, progress references, all sorts of stuff in its Registry. That takes some experience and know-how to properly delete. Done wrong, you could do a lot of harm.

S

Strychnine

For getting everything out of the registry, I recommend using the revo unistaller. I've had to use it a couple of times to get rid of some nasty uninvited sofware. Its easy to use and the free version scans the registry and finds that stuff for you.

H

human101

For getting everything out of the registry, I recommend using the revo unistaller. I've had to use it a couple of times to get rid of some nasty uninvited sofware. Its easy to use and the free version scans the registry and finds that stuff for you.
Thanks for the suggestion, but revo uninstaller does not recognize SFS.
Also I now know that my keyboard isn't the issue, as I disabled it then ran SFS, with the same results.

H

human101

Ok, thanks guys, I have solved it. Here is how...
Turns a software called vjoy was messing with it. I installed vjoy about a year ago then forgot about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.