SFS update news (including sneak peeks)

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
hopefully variable isp and a full oxygen and communications system are coming. cause whats the point of having variable engine plumes when you engines perform the same regardless their altitude. same goes with oxygen and whats the point of having oxygen and dealing with the hassle of austronauts or whatever system is being implimented when you can just use probe cores. so hopefully those are the things that are coming.

Anikta

Man on the Moon
Registered
Could be astronauts but it might, and this is kinda pushing it, it might mean that some engines will require an oxidizer but idk and I’m too tired to even find out if that’s a thing right now

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Screenshot_20220827-084522~2.png
Screenshot_20220827-084206~2.png

Isn't that the atlas rocket with the engines that fall off?

S

Sportgus

If Stef makes packs for rockets wouldn't they have to be on mobile? Since with the steam version you could make a mod that has the exact rocket and it's properties. Even then you could probably create a near perfect replica on mobile.

The epic chicken

Grim Reaper
Asteroid Contest Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
If Stef makes packs for rockets wouldn't they have to be on mobile? Since with the steam version you could make a mod that has the exact rocket and it's properties. Even then you could probably create a near perfect replica on mobile.
I wonder if the PC users are gonna have to buy it if its on mobile and pc, also wouldn't this make the replica challenge easier

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Not hyped at all
Sfs is like Lego, from the few basic parts we can make almost anything.
These new parts are like making a Lego set with only several parts, big, complicated and multifunctional. But these parts can be replaced using the original and universal Lego parts, while they have only one use.

Space_geek25

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Not hyped at all
These new parts are like making a Lego set with only several parts, big, complicated and multifunctional. But these parts can be replaced using the original and universal Lego parts, while they have only one use.
I 100% agree with you. Also, I don't I don't know if making new DLC packs is a good idea. The whole interest of SFS is to design complex things only using simple parts. I don't like mods / suggestion that want to add already assembled parts, like cars, SRB, real rockets parts because it gives the player less creation power. Also, I don't know why Steff is working on a cosmetic pack, that can be made with be editing/mod instead of adding new functionality to the games ( like the astronaut update, variable ISP engines)

Idkgeek

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
I 100% agree with you. Also, I don't I don't know if making new DLC packs is a good idea. The whole interest of SFS is to design complex things only using simple parts. I don't like mods / suggestion that want to add already assembled parts, like cars, SRB, real rockets parts because it gives the player less creation power. Also, I don't know why Steff is working on a cosmetic pack, that can be made with be editing/mod instead of adding new functionality to the games ( like the astronaut update, variable ISP engines)
Takes less time and keeps people happy

Idkgeek

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
1 part - load build - save build - sun only - earth gone - spawn on sun - 0% throttle - power - play - select - perfect landing = 1 million dollars
Ability to make own parts 1b dollars

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
2023: EA buy SFS and - map - navigation system - basic solar system - thorttle - on/off button becomes 99.99$ DLC
Ok, I've already made a mod for the navigation system, I'll work on the rest to keep those features free :p

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
I'll reserve judgement until I see the parts in action, if theres a part that makes it work like a real Atlas (engine falling off) that'd be very cool

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
Not hyped at all
new engines, launch escape system, and fins, are all new lego pieces. So in my eyes its nice to have more parts but i feel that shouldnt be the focus of the devs rn. especially when there are a lot of features that could be added.

I'll reserve judgement until I see the parts in action, if theres a part that makes it work like a real Atlas (engine falling off) that'd be very cool
there is already a mod for it... which i find even more funny

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
I liked everything being in 1 dlc. All builds and projects could be split into 2 categories. Now there's gonna be more and more expansion, increasing the disparity between players.