Alliance’s New President // Likes SpaceX replicas
Staff member
Team Valiant
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Moved to general discussion. While asking for blueprints is allowed, it is generally frowned upon in this community. Despite this, we have plenty of skilled players who’d be happy to teach you how to build your own SSTO! :)

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
This is like everything.

What are you trying to lift with it? Where are you intending on going?

Rather than just saying 'i need an SSTO' (which could be a hawk and 100t of fuel. That's a fully functioning SSTO), you need a purpose, a mission statement before you start designing anything.

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I recommend replicating SFS Orbital's SSTO and making it bigger. It is reusable so thats another plus

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Im launching lots of sattililites
You know the moon is satellite, right? So you'll have to be more specific in terms of dimensions, mass in particular

Also, have you any experience in landing, re-fuelling and then placing a payload onto a used launch vehicle?

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Can you stop being so smart
I can't. The windows around here have been licked clean enough as it is, so someone has to ask the relevant questions.

If you haven't got answers for what you need an SSTO for, then you're not ready for an SSTO.

Last edited:

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Can you stop being so smart
this is him on a good day
I can't. The windows around here have been licked clean enough as it is, so someone has to ask the relevant questions.

If you haven't got answers for what you need an SSTO for, then you're not ready for an SSTO.
ive not even been able to make a ssto yet because i dont like them

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
this is him on a good day
I'm not even warmed up yet.

ive not even been able to make a ssto yet because i dont like them
I have a completely 100% re-usable, under 20 part SSTO and re-fuel truck for that challenge that Anton made up. It's ugly as sin cos of the bullshit part count restrictions, but it could get and return a minimalist mars/moon return lander into a very low orbit ready for transfer.

SSTOs are easy to make. They're only hard when you want to go further the LEO and you want to move payloads about.