Skilled and Creative Builder (Competition)

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
still confused in port & starboard designations.....

ahhhhh i'll use left and right for easiest way to say the location....

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I forgot the sequence of the assembly of trusses and some new (actually 2 modules)
View attachment 44321 View attachment 44322 I think i really missed something here.... btw the weight of the truss (includin Astro 1) is: 23.42 tons View attachment 44320 I forgot the launch of new Truss-SciLab section (just pretend the wheels are some sci instruments and cameras)
the weight of the Truss-Lab modules is: 49.9 tons View attachment 44317 Then i relocated the temporary Truss to its final location.... (port side if im right (left)) View attachment 44316 Then Astro 1 moved the Truss M1 from starboard to forward port....
preppin for Fuel Module..... View attachment 44318 Fuel port weights: 53.94 tons including new Astro 2.....

Now i understand i lost some pics (like truss temp B and other things i forgot to take pic...)

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
1598172242085.png
Okay so the Fuel Dock, docked at right side of the Core and then i moved the Truss M1 to its right side then i relocated the Truss (Temporary B) with radiator B to its final configuration...

That is the current view for now......

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
there is 2 open slots for experiment (like those in ISS and Mir) exposed experiment but for now it will hold first the modules waitin for their permanent location...

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
still confused in port & starboard designations.....

ahhhhh i'll use left and right for easiest way to say the location....
Port is left, starboard is right. Provided you're looking towards the front of the ship. For this reason, on a rowing boat, a rower has actually port on his right, because he is moving backwards :p
However this language is specific to the navy, port/starboard are not used for air navigation. And for a space ship this is even worse as there are no up/down directions defined. So where should be left and right... :rolleyes:

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
for a space ship this is even worse as there are no up/down directions defined.
Unless it's star wars. In star wars in space there is up and down, gravity exists in orbit. Fighters behave, as if they were in the atmosphere.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Unless it's star wars. In star wars in space there is up and down, gravity exists in orbit. Fighters behave, as if they were in the atmosphere.
Nooooo, you can't have sound in space, it's unrealistic!

Haha, X-Wing go wooooooooooosh!

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
However this language is specific to the navy, port/starboard are not used for air navigation
I dunno, I've heard it used on aircraft. Right and left change depending on if you're flying (facing forwards) or jumping out (facing towards the tail). But a starboard door exit is always starboard. They don't use bow and stern though, for obvious reasons

Ah, there is bad physics, but cinematic reasons for this. Lucas basically wanted to re-create the Battle of Britain, Dambusters and 633 Squadron but in space and if you scour YouTube you can actually see scene to scene comparisons.
It meant that Star Wars space battles were (at the time) the best looking space battles because they moved, operated and interacted in a manner that normal people could comprehend, even if it wasn't strictly realistic.

If you go that way though, no space battles in sci-fi are totally realistic.

Cosmo's fan

«★★» Commander «★★» // PT
TEAM HAWK
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Phase-2
Launch:-1

On pad:-
Screenshot_20200823_230357.jpg

Liftoff :-
Screenshot_20200823_230631.jpg

LEO:-
Screenshot_20200823_230954.jpg

Modules docked:-
Screenshot_20200823_234423.jpg

BTW,TtTOtW this phase is specially for you.

Cosmo's fan

TEAM HAWK
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Mass and Launch info :-

No. of Launches :- 5

Total Mass:-985 tons

Radiator strut:-
Screenshot_20200823_234652.jpg

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
It meant that Star Wars space battles were (at the time) the best looking space battles because they moved, operated and interacted in a manner that normal people could comprehend, even if it wasn't strictly realistic.

If you go that way though, no space battles in sci-fi are totally realistic.
Battlestar Galactica (2004) blew people's minds at the time because the space fighters mostly moved like real life space fighters (with magical high TWR/high isp engines, of course)
Or so I heard.

What I do know is that the movement physics here look like what NASA and SpaceX vehicles do, but 100x faster and with engines always on.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Battlestar Galactica (2004) blew people's minds at the time because the space fighters mostly moved like real life space fighters
Aaah, BSG. The exception that proves the rule. It comes about as close as you're going to get with space fighter combat (they occasionally ignore the nose forward, fly forward aspect of Star Wars spacecraft by intentionally flying and firing backwards, cos why wouldn't you?) But like even here they still bank and roll and move like you'd expect them to do in atmospheric conditions.

If that sequence was Star Wars (especially new disney), once those fighters got shut down they wouldn't tumble and maintain a constant velocity because Newton, they'd start to slow down and fall because thats how it works in space apparently, isn't that right Ruin Johnson? (Fuck you TLJ).

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Port is left, starboard is right. Provided you're looking towards the front of the ship. For this reason, on a rowing boat, a rower has actually port on his right, because he is moving backwards :p
However this language is specific to the navy, port/starboard are not used for air navigation. And for a space ship this is even worse as there are no up/down directions defined. So where should be left and right... :rolleyes:
i think i'll use now left and right because i can't do zenith and nadir (welp we are in 2d)

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Just goin to add 2 Temporary Solar Panels.....
For now Solar Panel (Right)B is currently hold at attachment point...
btw the weight of both Solar Panels are: 18.8 tons
Solar Panel R-B 18.8 tons.png
Solar Panel R-B docked.png
i refuel Astro 1&2.....
Solar Panel L-B 18.8 tons.png
currently the Solar Panel (Left)B is on Low Earth Orbit......
same weight with S.P (R)B

Flexilis Anatis

Eater of Waterfowl
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Aaah, BSG. The exception that proves the rule. It comes about as close as you're going to get with space fighter combat (they occasionally ignore the nose forward, fly forward aspect of Star Wars spacecraft by intentionally flying and firing backwards, cos why wouldn't you?) But like even here they still bank and roll and move like you'd expect them to do in atmospheric conditions.
I especially liked the obvious use of RCS thrusters on the vipers when they were doing their maneuvers, though their need to maintain speed while returning to the landing hangers was a bit annoying.

isn't that right Ruin Johnson? (Fuck you TLJ).
While I had many issues with The Last Jedi, namely the pointless side mission, at least it tried to do something different. Killing off Snoke and bringing the Resistance down to a handful of people left the third movie to be taken in a completely different direction. Instead, Abrams ignored what happened in that movie, and made the abomination that is episode 9.

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Just goin to add 2 Temporary Solar Panels.....
For now Solar Panel (Right)B is currently hold at attachment point...
btw the weight of both Solar Panels are: 18.8 tons View attachment 44348 View attachment 44349 i refuel Astro 1&2..... View attachment 44347 currently the Solar Panel (Left)B is on Low Earth Orbit......
same weight with S.P (R)B
1598242263681.png
Attached and waitin for another set of Sol Pan to be attached directly to Truss M1A Left.....
Just ignore the escape to Lun. SOI (one module accidentally made a flyby from moon...)

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
specially liked the obvious use of RCS thrusters on the vipers when they were doing their maneuvers, though their need to maintain speed while returning to the landing hangers was a bit annoying.
Yeah. It gets close but it still has to look 'right' to the non-nerd audience. I remember watching a talk with brian cox and he mentioned they wanted to use him as a technical director for a movie (can't remember which) and make all the sequences in space super realistic. In his own words he said that the sequence looked boring because it was in complete silence, the explosions were nonexistent and while it'd make a good documentary, it'd be a really bad movie.

I had many issues with The Last Jedi
I've just had to delete one of my infamous posts cos it's going to drag this place waaaay off topic.

Cosmo's fan

TEAM HAWK
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Phase-2
Launch:-2&3

On pad:-
Screenshot_20200824_124418.jpg

Liftoff:-
Screenshot_20200824_124251.jpg