NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Supported Game Version: v1.5.8.5

This pack adds a set of small parts, along with a matching engine! (Titan for scale)

If you have any suggestions for additions/changes I can make, feel free to leave them in a reply.
1658336472839.png

1658336325817.png
1658336348452.png

1658190066854.png

How to Use:

1. Close the game, open Steam, then go to your library.
2. Right click SFS, then go to Manage > Browse Local Game Files.
3. Navigate to Mods > Custom Assets > Parts.
4. Drag and drop the part asset from the below Google Drive link into the Parts folder.

Google Drive - smallparts.pack

The game will automatically load the parts when you re-open it. You can find them under the new pick category, as well as sprinkled around the relevant vanilla categories.

Last edited:

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
While i dont play the PC version this still looks very interesting! Perhaps you could try doing some more unusual engine designs like aerospike style engine for example? I know almost nothing about modding tho so i suppose it's pretty hard to make that, still would love to see a mod like this even if i cant play it :)

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
What colour is the Engine exaust?
(Looks Like I need to figure out enabling "Mods" first)

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
While i dont play the PC version this still looks very interesting! Perhaps you could try doing some more unusual engine designs like aerospike style engine for example? I know almost nothing about modding tho so i suppose it's pretty hard to make that, still would love to see a mod like this even if i cant play it :)
Wouldn't be hard at all. You can add an engine plume and an engine module to literally any shape

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
Wouldn't be hard at all. You can add an engine plume and an engine module to literally any shape
If I were to provide you with a photo(s) would you be able to make an engine for me?
*At some point I'm going to try to figure out modding, at the moment I'm seeing what you guys come up and and see where there may be needs...*

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
If I were to provide you with a photo(s) would you be able to make an engine for me?
*At some point I'm going to try to figure out modding, at the moment I'm seeing what you guys come up and and see where there may be needs...*
I should add (as I can't edit) I don't mean to ask for a "freebie" but I'm a bit rusty on programming and C# is new to me (I came from C/C++ era many years ago) and your code is already compiled (Historically I pulled from asset sprites etc vs. hard code them into the file).

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
I should add (as I can't edit) I don't mean to ask for a "freebie" but I'm a bit rusty on programming and C# is new to me (I came from C/C++ era many years ago) and your code is already compiled (Historically I pulled from asset sprites etc vs. hard code them into the file).
You pretty much don't need to do any coding to make a custom part unless you want to do things the vanilla part modules don't allow. As for the custom engine, I'm up for suggestions but I'm trying to keep my stuff original, I want my parts to feel like they are vanilla and not just copies of real life. I am likely going to completely change the look of the firefly at some point because of this.

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
You pretty much don't need to do any coding to make a custom part unless you want to do things the vanilla part modules don't allow. As for the custom engine, I'm up for suggestions but I'm trying to keep my stuff original, I want my parts to feel like they are vanilla and not just copies of real life. I am likely going to completely change the look of the firefly at some point because of this.
Is there a tutorial on how to make custom parts? I have some ideas I'd like to try.

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Major update, posted at the same drive link:

- Reordered the part list to be more sensible. It now mirrors the order of the Basic tab.
- Remodeled and retextured the firefly engine a bit. It's less of a HyperCurie ripoff and more of a Kolibri ripoff now, but i overall think it's an improvement.
- Added a small heat shield. This should've been added originally but I forgot. Oops.
- Half height separator! You can fit this separator in the same 0.5m block as a heat shield. The original full height is still included, though.
1658189890768.png

1658190066854.png

Last edited:

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Fixed heat shields being invisible in staging, though the shield is now oddly sized in the part picker. Can't really fix that without reverting my fix to staging.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Another update: added small fairings. I am not sure what you could possibly use them for, but they exist now.
unknown.png

EmberSkyMedia

PicoSpace Industries
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
Maybe a mini-parachute (and side-seperators)?
As this combo is too top-heavy for rentry (from the moon).
1658208241147.jpg

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Maybe a mini-parachute (and side-seperators)?
As this combo is too top-heavy for rentry (from the moon).
I've made a small parachute. A small side separator is really not going to work though. I can't make that less than 0.5m wide or it just won't work.

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I've made a small parachute. A small side separator is really not going to work though. I can't make that less than 0.5m wide or it just won't work.
Wait, but doesnt it work through bp edit anyway?

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
uploaded new parachute, along with a fix for the separators not having any separation force.

Status
Not open for further replies.