Some requests for next update

Please, Stef or any other developer, If you are reading this, please consider following requests.
  1. Show velocity relative to target spacecraft.
  2. Add a launchpad and a runaway.
  3. Add some prebuilt spacecrafts such as Saturn-V, Falcons, Soyuz, Shuttles etc.
  4. Add an ocean to splashdown.
  5. Give some more help for rendezvous and docking, currently it is very difficult and takes much time.
  6. Add re-entry effects and daynight cycle.
  7. I can even go inside sun, jupiter, saturn and venusian atmosphere doesn't crush me.
  8. Add some more items such as longer landing legs, bigger crew capsules, cameras and other equipments, soil sample returning method etc.
I am really enjoyed with the game. Thank you.

T

TtTOtW

Please, Stef or any other developer, If you are reading this, please consider following requests.
  1. Show velocity relative to target spacecraft.
  2. Add a launchpad and a runaway.
  3. Add some prebuilt spacecrafts such as Saturn-V, Falcons, Soyuz, Shuttles etc.
  4. Add an ocean to splashdown.
  5. Give some more help for rendezvous and docking, currently it is very difficult and takes much time.
  6. Add re-entry effects and daynight cycle.
  7. I can even go inside sun, jupiter, saturn and venusian atmosphere doesn't crush me.
  8. Add some more items such as longer landing legs, bigger crew capsules, cameras and other equipments, soil sample returning method etc.
I am really enjoyed with the game. Thank you.
1. A good idea
2. Another good idea
3. No... just please no. It will ruin the nature of the game: individual creativity.
4. Yes, but likely not soon.
5. Believe me, if you can't dock with the tools you have now, then you've not made sufficient effort to learn how to fly a rocket. We docked 2 years ago when we had no tools, and not even docking ports! This is a very helpful community. Just be regular here, you'll catch up soon.
6. Get a planet pack
7. Not likely to be changed soon.
8. In the works.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
1. A good idea
2. Another good idea
3. No... just please no. It will ruin the nature of the game: individual creativity.
4. Yes, but likely not soon.
5. Believe me, if you can't dock with the tools you have now, then you've not made sufficient effort to learn how to fly a rocket. We docked 2 years ago when we had no tools, and not even docking ports! This is a very helpful community. Just be regular here, you'll catch up soon.
6. Get a planet pack
7. Not likely to be changed soon.
8. In the works.
Beat me to it. Especially 3.

No! I have docked few times before, I mean it takes some time and patience to do it. But, currently it takes days or weeks or months until the closest approach reduces enough to dock which is not much realistic. Resupply crafts dock with ISS within about 2-3 days. If there is a way to calculate the time to liftoff to reach the target and dock easily, it would be better.

T

TtTOtW

No! I have docked few times before, I mean it takes some time and patience to do it. But, currently it takes days or weeks or months until the closest approach reduces enough to dock which is not much realistic. Resupply crafts dock with ISS within about 2-3 days. If there is a way to calculate the time to liftoff to reach the target and dock easily, it would be better.
Practice. Honestly, that is how docking became second nature for me.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
It still takes that long, they just launch at the right time to reduce the wait in space.

It shouldn't take weeks / months, even in game, regardless of when you launch. You can get a good encounter after a few rotations at LEO depending on your relative orbit heights. And a rotation isn't a day, it can be anything as short as an hour, depending on the orbital period

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
If there is a way to calculate the time to liftoff to reach the target and dock easily, it would be better.
There probably is. But the amount of input it'd require wouldn't be worth the hassle.

You'd need to account for all sorts of things to make it exact. There's a technique known as 'judging it by eye' that works wonders for people.

T

TtTOtW

There probably is. But the amount of input it'd require wouldn't be worth the hassle.

You'd need to account for all sorts of things to make it exact. There's a technique known as 'judging it by eye' that works wonders for people.
That's literally how everyone does it.

Jez 10

Local Expert Pinoy
ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
If I can remember, I think it takes the ISS 9 minutes to revolve around earth.

Chara-cter

37°14′0″N 115°48′30″W
Man on the Moon
Registered
If I can remember, I think it takes the ISS 9 minutes to revolve around earth.
The ISS is ~408km from the Earth. That’s ~13.108km from the planet’s core. That mean it would travels ~12.703km every 9 minutes, ~1.411km per minute or ~84.687kph. That’s fricking 7.6 times faster than Earth’s escape velocity

T

TtTOtW

The ISS is ~408km from the Earth. That’s ~13.108km from the planet’s core. That mean it would travels ~12.703km every 9 minutes, ~1.411km per minute or ~84.687kph. That’s fricking 7.6 times faster than Earth’s escape velocity
Nope.

Space pilot

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
I also wanted to talk my addition.

1. Add robotic arm.
2.add runway to land space shuttle.
3.add an net sepreter.
4. Add Bering to rotate parts.
5.Add camera also with an monitor.

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
Thats honestly a excuse I have become proficient enough where within 1 or 2 minutes I can have a a encounter set up at a slow relative velocity. It isn't that bad and it took me a little while to learn it (maybe a week) but once you do it's worth it

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered

1. Add robotic arm.
3.add an net sepreter.
1. Yes later that would be neat
2. Maybe or just build your own.
3. What?
4. There is current alternatives ask Danny Batten
5. I don't see the point with that in this game.

T

TtTOtW

1. Add robotic arm.
3.add an net sepreter.
1. I hava nearly perfect one built from standard parts.
2. We all want one.
3. What? Sorry but I really don't understand.
4. Would be totally awesome!
5. No idea how that would work in a 2d game.

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
Here is my ideas coming from someone who has played since launch.
- the re-enabling of sharing would be great for allowing easy transfer of .bp files
- staging would be huge
-2 wide parts including a 2 wide probe core that would be great for small probes and rovers.
-electricity used on a wider scale (meaning probes consumes electricity.
- and connectivity where probes can't just go infinitely they have to have a connection to be able to go somewhere. (This one I think would be bad though for sfs but would make it more realistic so it's a give or take)

Last edited:

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
- the re-enabling of sharing would be great for allowing easy transfer of .bp files
- staging would be huge
-2 wide parts including a 2 wide probe core that would be great for small probes and rivers.
- and connectivity where probes can't just go infinitely they have to have a connection to be able to go somewhere. (This one I think would be bad though for sfs but would make it more realistic so it's a give or take)
Also i would expect this to take 20-25 years at least

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
Also unlike some of the previous idea theses don't fundamentally change sfs. When coming up with ideas you should take into account what the game is. Sfs is meant to be a sandbox like Minecraft but with a realistic world to work in. So ideas to make the world more realistic are great but to make the rockets realistic would be a take away. Just look at KSP. It has the same Idea just far more mature and with a 3d space to work with.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
- staging would be huge
-2 wide parts including a 2 wide probe core that would be great for small probes and rovers.
2 wide probes! 2 wide probes! 2 wide probes! 2 wide probes! 2 wide probes! 2 wide probes!
Small parts would be awesome.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
1- the re-enabling of sharing would be great for allowing easy transfer of .bp files
2- staging would be huge
3-2 wide parts including a 2 wide probe core that would be great for small probes and rovers.
4-electricity used on a wider scale (meaning probes consumes electricity.
5- and connectivity where probes can't just go infinitely they have to have a connection to be able to go somewhere. (This one I think would be bad though for sfs but would make it more realistic so it's a give or take)
1. Already implemented for 1.5
2. Planned for a next update
3. Hell yeah!
4. Totally cool!
5. Would be good, yeah. But would require a lot of work from Stef.