Someone please try to answer my “odd” question

PENGUIN’S blocks&blocks

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Lately I’ve Ben thinking about sfs and this question appeared in my mind what happend if you deployed a parachute during re entry like if you disabled the hight and speed limitations of the parachute and deployed while capsule was still in flames during re entry

Will it burn up like parts do would it be fine would it just slow the craft down instantly at that speed what will happen?

S

Sportgus

I don't think reentry physics accounts for the deployed parachute so it would probably be fine.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
The deployed parachute is just a cosmetic visual, you can prove it by flying to orbit with a deployed parachute and re-entering.

The epic chicken

Grim Reaper
Asteroid Contest Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Lately I’ve Ben thinking about sfs and this question appeared in my mind what happend if you deployed a parachute during re entry like if you disabled the hight and speed limitations of the parachute and deployed while capsule was still in flames during re entry

Will it burn up like parts do would it be fine would it just slow the craft down instantly at that speed what will happen?
From my experience, the parachute will be perfectly fine and slow down your rocket