Space Launch System Ares 1 (DLC Req.)

Hello once again everyone. Today I bring you Baker Space's latest launch vehicle, part of the Space Launch System program operated by the Baker Space Corporation. The immense capabilities and payload limit resulted in a high cost for the SLS Athena, and thus Baker Space needed a new launch vehicle for local space operations, mainly space station crew rotations. After a bit of stealing the Athena capsule and LES from the SLS Athena, some super glue and duct tape, Baker Space presents to you the Ares 1. The Ares 1 launch vehicle is dedicated to the CEO of Baker Space Corp, Pizzaya.

USAGE:

Stage 1: Core SRB Engines.
Stage 2: 2nd Stage decouple + ignition.
Stage 3: LES Jettison
Stage 4: Athena Capsule parachutes + landing legs
Stage 5: Launch Escape System (See usage below)

LES USAGE:

-Stage 5 is the LES (Launch Escape System). Activate this stage while ignition is on and throttle is set to full to wrench the Athena capsule away from your failing Ares 1.
-The LES has plenty of fuel so use as much as you need.
- Once you have finished firing the LES, turn the capsule so the heat shield faces retrograde, and then click the fairing over the capsule to jettison it (LES Shroud). Click the docking port on the Athena to jettison the LES Tower.
-Stage 4 activation will deploy the parachutes and also deploy the landing legs in the capsule.

Screenshots:

Ares 1 In editor:
Screenshot (24).png

Ares 1 on the pad:
Screenshot (26).png

Ares 1 ascending:
Screenshot (27).png

Ares 1 SRB Seperation:
Screenshot (28).png

Ares 1 in space, LES and 2nd stage jettison:
Screenshot (30).png

**ALL PARTS ARE MADE BY ME. INSPIRED HEAVILY BY THE ARES 1-X. DO NOT USE IN ANY VIDEO/BLUEPRINT WITHOUT PERMISSION.
-Dedicated to Pizzaya, for helping me out when first starting on the forum.

Attachments

zackhere

Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
Hello once again everyone. Today I bring you Baker Space's latest launch vehicle, part of the Space Launch System program operated by the Baker Space Corporation. The immense capabilities and payload limit resulted in a high cost for the SLS Athena, and thus Baker Space needed a new launch vehicle for local space operations, mainly space station crew rotations. After a bit of stealing the Athena capsule and LES from the SLS Athena, some super glue and duct tape, Baker Space presents to you the Ares 1. The Ares 1 launch vehicle is dedicated to the CEO of Baker Space Corp, Pizzaya.

USAGE:

Stage 1: Core SRB Engines.
Stage 2: 2nd Stage decouple + ignition.
Stage 3: LES Jettison
Stage 4: Athena Capsule parachutes + landing legs
Stage 5: Launch Escape System (See usage below)

LES USAGE:

-Stage 5 is the LES (Launch Escape System). Activate this stage while ignition is on and throttle is set to full to wrench the Athena capsule away from your failing Ares 1.
-The LES has plenty of fuel so use as much as you need.
- Once you have finished firing the LES, turn the capsule so the heat shield faces retrograde, and then click the fairing over the capsule to jettison it (LES Shroud). Click the docking port on the Athena to jettison the LES Tower.
-Stage 4 activation will deploy the parachutes and also deploy the landing legs in the capsule.

Screenshots:

Ares 1 In editor:
View attachment 90890

Ares 1 on the pad:
View attachment 90891

Ares 1 ascending:
View attachment 90892

Ares 1 SRB Seperation:
View attachment 90893

Ares 1 in space, LES and 2nd stage jettison:
View attachment 90894

**ALL PARTS ARE MADE BY ME. INSPIRED HEAVILY BY THE ARES 1-X. DO NOT USE IN ANY VIDEO/BLUEPRINT WITHOUT PERMISSION.
-Dedicated to Pizzaya, for helping me out when first starting on the forum.
Not to be rude, but WHY ARE YOU GOING COUNTERCLOCKWISE FOR THE ORBIT???

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
He has committed the greatest transgression, going left instead of right. We should burn him to prove he's not a witch, If he survives he is a witch otherwise he was innocent