Space station problem

E

Earlmilly1

So recently, I’ve been thinking about building a space station. I tried today, but failed. I know what to do. Make one orbit a little smaller than the other. Then catch up and cancel out relative velocity. Dock.
My problem is my station is moving 1,400 m/s. When I bring up the other thing, it moves around 900 m/s. When I try to speed up, my orbit changes, so I can’t get to the station. So either I have too big of an orbit or I’m going too slow. I don’t want to relaunch my station to get the same speed. How do I fix this?

Aiden

Registered
How i
So recently, I’ve been thinking about building a space station. I tried today, but failed. I know what to do. Make one orbit a little smaller than the other. Then catch up and cancel out relative velocity. Dock.
My problem is my station is moving 1,400 m/s. When I bring up the other thing, it moves around 900 m/s. When I try to speed up, my orbit changes, so I can’t get to the station. So either I have too big of an orbit or I’m going too slow. I don’t want to relaunch my station to get the same speed. How do I fix this?
How i see it is you need to get a close encounter, and then once you do zoom out and spot the spacecraft youre trying to get to on screen. Then ignore the map and only use zoom. You need to use your boosters yo speed up or down to get near it and once close you should be okay

E

Earlmilly1

I know but it’s going 500 m/s faster than me, so it passes in a flash.
Also, it hit me twice and blew it all up. Oh the glory of saving!

E

Earlmilly1

Ah never mind. I got it. I needed to speed up a little on every part of the orbit. I got it! I was still around 50 m/s off but got it cuz of your instructions. Thanks!