Space Station

MarsRover

ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Registered
Hello, everyone. I've built a space station a couple days ago. Here is the screenshot:
Screenshot_2024-03-29-19-27-00-628_com.StefMorojna.SpaceflightSimulator.jpg
Space station characteristics:
-- 39 modules
-- 7 launches to build (capsules aren't counted)
-- 1 escape capsule
-- IDK how many parts
And, of course, here are video of building it (I dividet it in 4 parts), in total around 1h 45 min: 1)Habitable module 2)Solar Array 3)Engines & Lab 4)First crew
Any ideas, what to add?

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Add a propulsion module, Gotta be able to change its orbit. And since you documented all of this and likely didn't cheat, you can probably submit it in official missions and challenges for your floater badge.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Moved (back) to team Frontier entries.

You originally posted it here, but I confused your account with another one that just passed the station challenge, so I thought it would be better placed in general discussion since it made no sense to resubmit an entry.

Apologies, it's totally my mistake :)

MarsRover

ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Registered
Moved (back) to team Frontier entries.

You originally posted it here, but I confused your account with another one that just passed the station challenge, so I thought it would be better placed in general discussion since it made no sense to resubmit an entry.

Apologies, it's totally my mistake :)
Huh, I didn't understand what does it did in general, I originaly wanted to post it in general. I want to ask, should I redo this challenge in order to get the badge? And here is a timelapse, of course (10x)

Last edited:

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Like here's a hypothetical, The hobbs space program has lost control over a nuclear missile in orbit, and it is headed on a collision course for your station, RCS is not nearly enough to manuever you out of the blast zone so you'll need something better like a hawk engine, Unless you want your astronauts to turn into bacon you'll need a way to change your orbit, or a more normal example is if your orbit is decaying then you'll want to make sure your station doesn't fall back to the earth

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Hello,

Others are right, a propulsion module is required for the station. It must not necessarily be a Hawk engine, but it needs to have a way to change its orbit.
Just a few screenshots will be enough as a proof :)