Space Travel is Saved!!

ArelGG

Mapper
Registered
You can now all relax because spece travel is saved. The increasing amounts of space debris would have made space travel impossible but Not Anymore!

Europe has a plan to get rid of space debris.
Currently they are developing a net wich would get rid of space debris forever.
Here’s what they got so far:
C4CC6F32-9E82-4CD2-B4EA-FD5CD071CA81.png

It is the size of a dining table

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician
You can now all relax because spece travel is saved. The increasing amounts of space debris would have made space travel impossible but Not Anymore!

Here’s what they got so far: View attachment 9026
Dinner table?

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered

What is it made out of? Nanotubes?

But can it catch flies tho?
Im actually really curious how space travel will develop in the future.
With the accelerating pace of development of technology by the time im forty
Elon II will threaten earth with his interplanetary nukes :)

T

TtTOtW

But can it catch flies tho?
Im actually really curious how space travel will develop in the future.
With the accelerating pace of development of technology by the time im forty
Elon II will threaten earth with his interplanetary nukes :)
Watch this space... Pun totally intended...

It wasn't necessary in the first place, it was built as a measure. Currently with the space debris situation, we don't need to worry about debris just yet. Most of the issue of space junk are usually caused by poor rocket designs, some rocket's upper stages have retrograde boosters to burn the stage to burn up on re-entry. Some rockets nowadays still have no such feature so they'll be stuck in orbit for god knows how long.

The other problem is satellites, they aren't fitting with any engines to get it out of orbit when it's service is complete, so that'll be stuck there too until the expanding atmosphere takes it down. Nowadays they are developing satellites with small SRE's to deorbit it once it's service is over.

My point is, preventing the kessler syndrome isn't about solving it later, it's about fixing it now. Your "space spider" is nothing but an example of dealing with issues at the last minute and irresponsible design, it isn't impressive to me, it's a shame.

T

TtTOtW

Overdoing everything, they are... build robots to do the job of a hammer. Humans are the weakest link, they say... They're so smart it makes them go stupid.

It wasn't necessary in the first place, it was built as a measure. Currently with the space debris situation, we don't need to worry about debris just yet. Most of the issue of space junk are usually caused by poor rocket designs, some rocket's upper stages have retrograde boosters to burn the stage to burn up on re-entry. Some rockets nowadays still have no such feature so they'll be stuck in orbit for god knows how long.

The other problem is satellites, they aren't fitting with any engines to get it out of orbit when it's service is complete, so that'll be stuck there too until the expanding atmosphere takes it down. Nowadays they are developing satellites with small SRE's to deorbit it once it's service is over.

My point is, preventing the kessler syndrome isn't about solving it later, it's about fixing it now. Your "space spider" is nothing but an example of dealing with issues at the last minute and irresponsible design, it isn't impressive to me, it's a shame.
Still don't understand? Look at it this way, you refuse to stop smoking (not find a way to prevent further generation of space debris) when all the doctors (scientists) warn you to, and when you finally have cancer of the lung (Kessler Syndrome), you have to be put on life support (space fish net) while every breath you take makes your lungs feel as if they are being torn apart.

T

TtTOtW

Still don't understand? Look at it this way, you refuse to stop smoking (not find a way to prevent further generation of space debris) when all the doctors (scientists) warn you to, and when you finally have cancer of the lung (Kessler Syndrome), you have to be put on life support (space fish net) while every breath you take makes your lungs feel as if they are being torn apart.
Brilliant analogy, by the way.

Aiden

Registered
I see it quite terrifying that we might one day be locked into our own world.. Because we pollute everywhere we go.. here on earth is a disaster.. and now space. I hope they will find a way to resolve this but if something is traveling the oposite way to this "net" its got so much force it might just rip it to pieces

Bananas

Mr. Nice Moderator
Registered
I see it quite terrifying that we might one day be locked into our own world.. Because we pollute everywhere we go.. here on earth is a disaster.. and now space. I hope they will find a way to resolve this but if something is traveling the oposite way to this "net" its got so much force it might just rip it to pieces
Freaky