Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I found "the anomaly" on the Moon. It's not as impressive as the one on Mars though.
Screenshot_20180617-182306_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

T

TET

My space station came out of orbit, and crashed into earth. All that was left was about 100 solar panels. Oops
i also saw something weird, i deorbited a giant space station i had in orbit, when it crashed it survived almost entirely, it should have been destroyed completely

T

TET

also i go to the map view and switch ships and magically the position changes, once i literally stick a soyuz inside of a space shuttle when i was undocking, did i create teleportation?

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
also i go to the map view and switch ships and magically the position changes, once i literally stick a soyuz inside of a space shuttle when i was undocking, did i create teleportation?
Yes, that often happens to me too. Generally I try to solve this by switching back to the original ship (the object that moved will get back in its original position) and pushing it away with the RCS for example.

T

TET

Yes, that often happens to me too. Generally I try to solve this by switching back to the original ship (the object that moved will get back in its original position) and pushing it away with the RCS for example.
generally when i switch back it gets even more mad, once i actually almost lost my ISS, i switched to a soyuz i undocked, and magically the ISS's orbit changed from 100x100 KM to 120x40 KM

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I think that the apoapsis above 0 is because it's measured from a specific level of reference, unlike the height that takes the reliefs into account. For example, look at the apoapsis of my Curiosity rover after it climbed the Olympus mount on Mars:
Screenshot_20180614-224909.png
Just for information, the Olympus mount is a mountain that actually exists on Mars. It's 25 km high, and it's the highest one in the whole solar system.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
I think that the apoapsis above 0 is because it's measured from a specific level of reference, unlike the height that takes the reliefs into account. For example, look at the apoapsis of my Curiosity rover after it climbed the Olympus mount on Mars:
View attachment 1964
Just for information, the Olympus mount is a mountain that actually exists on Mars. It's 25 km high, and it's the highest one in the whole solar system.
That means the height is the distance to the ground and (when the ship is landed) the apoapsis indicates the height..... "Above the sea level????"

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
That means the height is the distance to the ground and (when the ship is landed) the apoapsis indicates the height..... "Above the sea level????"
That's exactly the idea. Even if I don't know what is supposed to be the sea level on Mars :p

T

TET

Look at this... I'm landed on the Moon and look what the Map shows.... Besides why If my speed its 0 I have an apoapsis of 200 meters????
it's not actually a bug, the thing is that you are 220 metters above the average surface level, AKA sea level, but the game doesn't show the terrain reference in periapsis/apoapsis, so it still shows 220 isntead of 2

S

Strychnine

My space station came out of orbit, and crashed into earth. All that was left was about 100 solar panels. Oops
This happens to me all the time, I now don't put anything I'm building in orbit, in an orbit of less than 250km. Since starting that, I've managed to catch my stations before they crash.