Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I would suggest to remove half of the engines on the first stage: your TWR is way above 2, you don't need that much power. 2 Hawks will be way enough to lift that launcher, and having less engines stacked together will help to make room for your landing system.

The way you protect the structures with fuselage is well thought, though they are not fully shielded.

The second stage is simple but efficient, you can eventually consider adding a second kolibri to get more thrust, but apart from that it's good.

Flying Pilot

Man on the Moon
Registered
I would suggest to remove half of the engines on the first stage: your TWR is way above 2, you don't need that much power. 2 Hawks will be way enough to lift that launcher, and having less engines stacked together will help to make room for your landing system.

The way you protect the structures with fuselage is well thought, though they are not fully shielded.

The second stage is simple but efficient, you can eventually consider adding a second kolibri to get more thrust, but apart from that it's good.
Thanks for your helpful suggsetions! :)

T

TtTOtW

Yeah the TWR kinda kicked me in the gut when I saw it. And add a separator between the capsule and 2nd stage.

Speaking of stages, why not take one S1 fuel tank and turn it into a second stage. Give it a valiant or even 3 kolibris. So the payload has a lot more potential that way.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
You might also add some boosters to give it an extra “kick” and have a little more deltaV (remember to remove some engines from the main stage to compensate the increased TWR).