Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Hi and welcome to the forum Juraj Diner :)

Could you please give more precision about this link? Are these blueprints, can you provide some screenshots... We would like other members to be aware about what they download.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Hi and welcome to the forum Juraj Diner :)

Could you please give more precision about this link? Are these blueprints, can you provide some screenshots... We would like other members to be aware about what they download.
There is no preview of the file. Someone will have to take the risk and download it.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Thank you Bananas :)

There is no preview of the file. Someone will have to take the risk and download it.
The best thing to do is not to open it and scan it with an antivirus in this case (I couldn't personally, my PC is dead). I wouldn't expect anybody to take the risk to ruin his PC or his smartphone by opening an unknown file...

T

The Dark in the Light

Thank you Bananas :)

The best thing to do is not to open it and scan it with an antivirus in this case (I couldn't personally, my PC is dead). I wouldn't expect anybody to take the risk to ruin his PC or his smartphone by opening an unknown file...
If my old tablet worker I would. There's pretty much nothing on it.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
I wouldn't expect anybody to take the risk to ruin his PC or his smartphone by opening an unknown file...

Its because of unknown heroes like Bananas that Earth is still on its orbit.

Maybe there could be an explicit rule to make people post pictures of the bps they post?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Its because of unknown heroes like Bananas that Earth is still on its orbit.
Ah, don't talk me about it... I tried many times to deorbit Earth for fun, but each and every time I tried, Bananas came to stop me! I couldn't do it a single time.
The only thing I managed to do once while he was asleep was to Jupiterize Earth.

Maybe there could be an explicit rule to make people post pictures of the bps they post?
That's a good suggestion, we should think about it. Or we could also add a disclaimer in this sense to the download section...

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Ah, don't talk me about it... I tried many times to deorbit Earth for fun, but each and every time I tried, Bananas came to stop me! I couldn't do it a single time.
The only thing I managed to do once while he was asleep was to Jupiterize Earth...
Stop him, before he destroys us all!

Jokes aside, don't say things like 'deorbit planets' cos i guarantee someone will ask how you do it in SFS
(Easy, MOAR BOOSTERS)

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Stop him, before he destroys us all!

Jokes aside, don't say things like 'deorbit planets' cos i guarantee someone will ask how you do it in SFS
(Easy, MOAR BOOSTERS)
If it happens I'll have to move the thread to the Comedy section :p

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
If that happens again, we need to go into fake maths about how much force and mass and flux capacitors and shit and see how long it takes before they realise we're trolling them.

Bananas

Mr. Nice Moderator
Registered
Yeah, I'm probably the only one crazy enough to download random files from the internet... and I hate some anti malware programs, they're adware/PUPs, the one I use is Malwarebytes I scan every few days. This is wierd considering how tech geeky I am.

T

TtTOtW

Lol. Bananas, you deserve a medal of honour. I'm not joking. I don't think anyone except Gecko has seen your value as member and friend as I have.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
You people could do that for the next April's Fools.
That's a good idea. We should make a thread that explains why your TWR should always be as high as possible :p
Oh wait no, we would spend the rest of the year explaining that it was a joke then.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
That's a good idea. We should make a thread that explains why your TWR should always be as high as possible :p
Oh wait no, we would spend the rest of the year explaining that it was a joke then.
It'd be so easy though. MOAR BOOSTAS = less time spent being affected by gravity drag = lower Dv to orbit.
It makes absolute sense.

And if you believe that, I've got some tartan paint for sale here as well

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
It'd be so easy though. MOAR BOOSTAS = less time spent being affected by gravity drag = lower Dv to orbit.
It makes absolute sense.

And if you believe that, I've got some tartan paint for sale here as well
MOAR BOOSTERS! And also fly fully vertical to minimize the time spent in the atmosphere. Never do your gravity turn before passing the Karman line, and then your trajectory will be perfect.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
MOAR BOOSTERS! And also fly fully vertical to minimize the time spent in the atmosphere. Never do your gravity turn before passing the Karman line, and then your trajectory will be perfect.
Nooooo, you must burn horizontally off the pad. You need to minimise that gravity drag by ensuring you never fight gravity by going upwards.
After all, you can overcome atmospheric drag by brute force if you apply enough power.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Nooooo, you must burn horizontally off the pad. You need to minimise that gravity drag by ensuring you never fight gravity by going upwards.
After all, you can overcome atmospheric drag by brute force if you apply enough power.
Ah my bad, you're correct. I guess we are ready for a new lesson in the USFS then :p

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Ah my bad, you're correct. I guess we are ready for a new lesson in the USFS then :p
Gather around children, and allow the Warmaster to educate you on the real way to attain LEO...
giphy (1).gif

Last edited:

Bananas

Mr. Nice Moderator
Registered
You have to put your rocket upside down before launching, otherwise it won't lift off.
No no, keep it right side up, but put the engines at the top and upside down, gravity will reverse therefore giving you no drag, as well as the natural occurrence of the earth "boosting" the spacecraft up, which means you need less thrust and it increases fuel efficiency.