MonkeSpaceflight

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Launchpad
1711816143283.png

The shuttle is on top of the stack, like the X-37 or Dreamchaser.

LEO
1711816297931.png

Shuttle successfully deployed. It will now burn to a higher orbit to deploy it's payload.

Payload Deployment:
1711816479456.png

My goofy payload bay door design in action. Not really a door at this point.

Shuttle Landing:
1711816721170.png

Mission Log:
1711816920255.png

I am still having a glitch where mission log won't show. Challenges were completed though.

Mission Complete

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I can't judge this, but you should have a screenshot of the build screen with your payload mass and maybe the stack without payload too be safe.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Yes, I refrain from judging shuttles, as I'm not very good at that.
This is my best shuttle so far :p
Spaceflight Simulator_2023-12-27-19-47-22.jpg

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Even the dream chaser looks like a shuttle. Yours is missing some things such as a larger tail, etc. With all that BP editing, you could do much better.

We have a an unofficial rule about mass ratios, it's flexible depending on circumstances, but generally the payload the shuttle brings to orbit should be 10% of the liftoff mass. Technically you're trying to do a shuttle that already is a payload, so that's a bit trickier. I'd say that in your case, try make the satellite 15% of the mass of the small shuttle, make sure the small shuttle has a big enough cargo bay to carry that mass unclipped, and in turn make sure the payload + shuttle is at least 10% the liftoff mass of the whole thing. :DFor proof, this will require extra build screenshots to show the individual masses, and/or a sharing link of the construction sent in here, or via private DM if you wish.