The Gratuiton Solar System

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Introducing the Gratuiton solar system, my on-and-off (a lot more off than on, lol) project for the past 2 years.

This planet pack replaces the stock one with a completely new fictional one, made up of 24 bodies to explore. The goal of this planet pack is to spike the difficulty of missions for more experienced players that are bored of the stock planets. Planet textures will not be shown, so you can experience it for yourself without me going and spoiling it. ;)

You start on Xipof, an Earth analog with a considerably thicker, but also lower atmosphere at 25km. Gravity is kept the same so the TWR readout is consistent.

Your first challenge will likely be landing on Caccurn, Xipof's moon, whose gravity is around 2.5x greater than Earth's moon. But the challenge doesn't stop there. There are 7 other planets to visit.

1. Stegori: No moons. Mercury analog with an atmosphere 6x as thick as stock Earth 20km high. Makes landing a lot easier, but getting off is a different story.
  2. Scopla: 1 moon. A Venus analog, except the gravity is much closer to Earth's, and the atmosphere is 4x thicker.
  3. Aluria: 3 moons. Analog to nothing. A super-earth, but with a thinner atmosphere. Gravity here 1.15x stronger than Earth's.
  4. Dypso: 3 moons. A gas giant. 2 fairly challenging moons, one having gravity even higher than Ganymede's.
  5. Itania: 4 moons. Analog to Jupiter, with the same gravity but also a ring system. 2 challenging moons, one with a thick atmosphere, and another with gravity greater than Ganymede's. It also has an atmosphere, but it's so thin that it won't help much for landing.
  6. Pecrolis: 2 moons. Pluto analog. This one isn't too difficult, but will add delta V to missions.
  7. Icides: 1 moon. Analog to nothing. This icy planet is very far from Gratuiton, and has gravity comparable to Ganymede's.
All these planets will make for a new challenge. Good luck if anyone decides to try and grand tour it, because it will not be easy.

Download link for v1.0: 1.0.zip

Folder for all future and past versions: Gratuiton Versions - Google Drive

Any suggestions for balancing or making it more challenging/interesting are welcome.

Last edited:

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Everyone download the pack now or I wil kil-
Nah, just let it be. People who lurks here are tend to hit n run.

For me, I'd like to stay on this way but compliments are open to be said.

anyways, ASoD got pics? I'd like to see them :) and try e'm when I'm done to my school stuff.

Akmaster

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Nah, just let it be. People who lurks here are tend to hit n run.

For me, I'd like to stay on this way but compliments are open to be said.

anyways, ASoD got pics? I'd like to see them :) and try e'm when I'm done to my school stuff.
I will show the pics I have of it
Screenshot_2021-10-16-19-30-04-953_com.StefMorojna.SpaceflightSimulator.jpg
Screenshot_2021-10-16-19-34-52-618_com.StefMorojna.SpaceflightSimulator.jpg
Screenshot_2021-10-16-19-22-33-194_com.StefMorojna.SpaceflightSimulator.jpg
Screenshot_2021-10-16-19-11-45-360_com.StefMorojna.SpaceflightSimulator.jpg
Screenshot_2021-10-16-19-09-46-279_com.StefMorojna.SpaceflightSimulator.jpg

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure