The rules of War

T

TtTOtW

@CptGorilla and I are commanders of two warring star fleets. These battles are to be fought only as he and I agree. After that you follow your commander as a good soldier does. If you have any suggestions, air it to your commander. Whatever we disagree on with each other, is thrown out. What we agree on, becomes galactic law. Now, you @ your commander in this thread with your suggestions and we will settle the matter on behalf of our armies.

ReEntry15

CEO of space cat delivery
Registered
@CptGorilla and I are commanders of two warring star fleets. These battles are to be fought only as he and I agree. After that you follow your commander as a good soldier does. If you have any suggestions, air it to your commander. Whatever we disagree on with each other, is thrown out. What we agree on, becomes galactic law. Now, you @ your commander in this thread with your suggestions and we will settle the matter on behalf of our armies.
Do you have any laws already?

Rule number 1: All defensive structures MUST resemble castles, strongholds and/or keeps. This includes but is not limited to English, French, Scottish, Egyptian, Chinese, Japanese and Antarctic architecture styles.

Rule number 2: All weapons of war MUST resemble and engineeringly function as pre-gunpowder era devices. This includes, but is not limited to swords, bows, catapults, siege rams; and excludes rockets, missiles, guns, any and all explosive devices of any kind, including but not limited to nuclear based technology.

Rule number 3: All vehicles of transportation are limited to animals; including but not limited to horses, camels, elephants and guinea pigs. These exclude their human metal counterparts; including, but not limited to iron-horses, Mustangs and Vipers. There is but one exception, which is the Volkswagen Beatle.

So long as you follow these simple rules of engagement, I should have no problem at all!

T

TtTOtW

Rule number 1: All defensive structures MUST resemble castles, strongholds and/or keeps. This includes but is not limited to English, French, Scottish, Egyptian, Chinese, Japanese and Antarctic architecture styles.

Rule number 2: All weapons of war MUST resemble and engineeringly function as pre-gunpowder era devices. This includes, but is not limited to swords, bows, catapults, siege rams; and excludes rockets, missiles, guns, any and all explosive devices of any kind, including but not limited to nuclear based technology.

Rule number 3: All vehicles of transportation are limited to animals; including but not limited to horses, camels, elephants and guinea pigs. These exclude their human metal counterparts; including, but not limited to iron-horses, Mustangs and Vipers. There is but one exception, which is the Volkswagen Beatle.

So long as you follow these simple rules of engagement, I should have no problem at all!
You mad, evil enemy! I shall not agree to your abuse of animals and rejection of technology!

T

TtTOtW

Seriously though, I want a fair fight. I will make the first ACTUAL suggestion. I Propose all builds be limited to the size of one building grid (9x23.25). Also I suggest we use unlimited fuel, but ships are required to at least be capable of escaping earth's sphere of influence when launched and flown vertically without turning and without separation. The entire ship must escape earth's SOI.

E

Earlmilly1

What about me! I’m the galactic police! Or Red Cross.... I haven’t decided yet. Well, I have time.

Well, as I've said before, I'd rather keep our "battle" between us as a purely theoretical and hypothetical, rather than actually starting an all out war, to which I think you'll agree that we're evenly matched. The reason being is that we're both mad enough to be driven to absolute victory, and therefore there would be no end to it...

And as far as rules would go (hypothetically) , no cheats. No sandbox mode. No mods. The whole point of the game is to build cool stuff in space, the hard part being "getting it there". What bragging rights would you have if you go to Mercury and back if you used unlimited fuel?

As for size limits.... well... If you can build it, you can use it. Besides, in truth, huge ships would be unpractical. All you'd have to do is ram it, then drive it towards another ship/station/planet to be blown up in one go. It would come down to a thrust battle.

ReEntry15

CEO of space cat delivery
Registered
Well, as I've said before, I'd rather keep our "battle" between us as a purely theoretical and hypothetical, rather than actually starting an all out war, to which I think you'll agree that we're evenly matched. The reason being is that we're both mad enough to be driven to absolute victory, and therefore there would be no end to it...

And as far as rules would go (hypothetically) , no cheats. No sandbox mode. No mods. The whole point of the game is to build cool stuff in space, the hard part being "getting it there". What bragging rights would you have if you go to Mercury and back if you used unlimited fuel?

As for size limits.... well... If you can build it, you can use it. Besides, in truth, huge ships would be unpractical. All you'd have to do is ram it, then drive it towards another ship/station/planet to be blown up in one go. It would come down to a thrust battle.

good ideas I agree

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
There is another forse to this war the GPF Galactic,Police,Forse. We are the enforcers of the law, we are not afraid to engage conflict with lawbreakers!