The true first space shuttle, Hermes

Many know about the Ariane Rockets, but not as many know that the first space shuttle was not made by the US, infact the Hermes was the first ever spaceplane but due to people's lack of acknowledgement, it was not well known and many didnt even see its first launch. In fact, the Space shuttle is the first spaceplane that most of the world learns about and because of that people forgot about hermes. It turns out the space shuttle was actually inspired by the Hermes design. The Hermes was lifted from the launchpad on the Ariane 5, and then it took over once the lifter had ran out of fuel.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Can a mod please delete the m at the end of the title, I must of accidentally put it there
Done

infact the Hermes was the first ever spaceplane but due to people's lack of acknowledgement, it was not well known and many didnt even see its first launch
I am not sure what you are talking about.

For starters, the Hermes was never produced. Not a single "actual" Hermes was fabricanted.
Screenshot_2021-12-01-06-43-20-127.jpg

That being said the Hermes was developed between 1985 and 1992.
Screenshot_2021-12-01-06-41-06-191.jpg

which is at least 4 years after the first fully operational manned mission of the Space Shuttle in 1981, and at least 10 years after the Space Shuttle initiated its development, during the early 70's.

I am really not sure what you are talking about, my mate.

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Idk on Hermes. It started on 80s meanwhile STS started at 70s, heck even Astronauts on the moon rejoiced on that thing.

Hermes is like Dream Chaser, STS is a bit different beast since it can yeet and get payloads to space oh plus it's manned.

UN Cosmo Navy

Moon Maker
Under Pressure
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Many know about the Ariane Rockets, but not as many know that the first space shuttle was not made by the US, infact the Hermes was the first ever spaceplane but due to people's lack of acknowledgement, it was not well known and many didnt even see its first launch. In fact, the Space shuttle is the first spaceplane that most of the world learns about and because of that people forgot about hermes. It turns out the space shuttle was actually inspired by the Hermes design. The Hermes was lifted from the launchpad on the Ariane 5, and then it took over once the lifter had ran out of fuel.
First Space Shuttle MADE(not an idea): Enterprise(1976)
First Shuttle launch to orbit: Columbia(1981)
Reason why Europe abonded Hermes
Screenshot 2022-02-19 9.42.48 AM.png

So Blazer was right my boi.... also
Screenshot 2022-02-19 9.44.54 AM.png

Wait....Enterprise was made before 1976..... and Hermes was proposed in 1975.... does stellarzone have evidence tho?