things that i find useless in SFS

NOG Aerospace

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
oh and these are opinions so please disagree with me and prove me wrong so that I can find uses for these

1. High Earth Orbit
not saying HEO should be removed since its part of the game already, but I really never use HEO for anything. All my space stations are in LEO, and the only time I see the "Entering HEO" popup is sometimes on returns to earth or for that one game challenge.
2. Bigger Docking Ports
Same can be achieved with standard docking ports, only use case in my head is for decoration
3. Kolibri Engine
completely useless in my eyes, horrid efficiency and barely any thrust, I dont even use it for landers since the Frontier is better for retrograde burns and also has a higher efficiency so why even bother with the kolibri?

tada heres my list
again these are opinions

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
completely useless in my eyes, horrid efficiency and barely any thrust
It's efficient for small payloads, and the Isp is actually pretty good. Comparable to a Methalox engine IRL, only better with the most realistic TWR in the game.

NOG Aerospace

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
It's efficient for small payloads, and the Isp is actually pretty good. Comparable to a Methalox engine IRL, only better with the most realistic TWR in the game.
Do you mean smaller as lighter or as smaller size? because for size constraints ill just part clip the frontier into the fuel tanks to take up less space

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Do you mean smaller as lighter or as smaller size? because for size constraints ill just part clip the frontier into the fuel tanks to take up less space
Lighter, so better delta-v for small payloads

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Orion is correct. The Kolibri the best for small ships (below 20-25 tons) in terms of ΔV, and its thrust is largely enough in this case.
The Kolibri isn't very popular, but it's a good engine, I use it a lot personally.

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Orion is correct. The Kolibri the best for small ships (below 20-25 tons) in terms of ΔV, and its thrust is largely enough in this case.
The Kolibri isn't very popular, but it's a good engine, I use it a lot personally.
GRASSHOPPER! ITS CALLED GRASSHOPPER!

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Isn't that the real engine it's based off?
The Grasshopper was the name of the Kolibri before version 1.5. But this is basically the same engine.

Axiom

He who asks ten thousand questions
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Actually, I think that if the kolibri was scaled up to size of a hawk engine (~100t of thrust) while keeping it's TWR and Isp it would be one of the best engines in the game

It would have nearly the same TWR as the Hawk engine (30 compared to 34) while having a much higher Isp (260s compared 240s). It's small size isn't a weakness it's a game design constraint