Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
First of all, the Bridge:
Screenshot_20191111-184436_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

This thing has to run the entire ship, and does so well.
Just behind it are some of the other facilities as well, such as the offices and the gym (necessary for spaceflight), as well as some storage.
Also, the whole section is detachable, and fully autonomous, including engines. It likely will never be used, but it can save the entire crew (of around 28 people) for a ride to the nearest suitable destination.

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
I just ran a count.
Current tally: 5100 tons, give or take a couple hundred.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Someone mind moving this to general, it probably doesn't fit in factions tbh.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Well, here you go then...
View attachment 29148

I woulda revealed like a week ago, except I was thinking I'd wait until I loaded the cargo bays for Saturn. That's still gonna take a while though, so I may as well now.
Impressive stuff indeed. Very well done. I thought that was needless to say, but of course I'm willing to see that.

Someone mind moving this to general, it probably doesn't fit in factions tbh.
Done

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Next up: The Docking Sections
Screenshot_20191111-185655_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

The forward section is designed to hold 4 Pyrotechnic ships for purposes of landing on the planets Pathfinder will Visit. In addition, it also has docks for the other two parts of a deep space stack, allowing the Pyros to travel around the solar system separate of Pathfinder.

Additionally, Pathfinder has her own docking arms, allowing her to service many other ships, but mainly Radiant and Tenebrous.

Also, I will be giving tours. If anyone wants to come, please give me a bp or qks fragment of the ship you'll be arriving in.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Also relevant to the last post are the cargo and habitation sections:
Screenshot_20191111-191219_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

The cargo holds aren't quite as spacious as a TTV, but can carry plenty of cargo for settlements. Also, each has a Tsar dock on its outside (the only bp editing on the ship, courtesy of TtTOtW), so it can handle shipments from those as well.

Each section has its own features too. The bottom section holds long-range comms equipment, as well as parachute packs which can land a fully fueled Pyrotechnic on almost any body with an atmosphere (I think Mars is the one exception). The top section has a different purpose. It's designed to carry defenses, protecting the ship from the occasional threat.

The middle section is filled with 14 habitation balls (yes 8bitCosmonaut, Pathfinder loves balls...), each housing two people, giving the ship a personnel limit of 28 for long term housing.

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Final section: Engines
Screenshot_20191111-191233_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Has a Nuclear reactor at its core, whose power is used to run all of Pathfinder's systems, including the ion array. Also has solar panels for extra supply when the array is running, as well as for redundancy.
She also has main engines for faster maneuvers, and several drones at the front (below the cargo section) for handling cargo.

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
Final section: Engines
View attachment 29366
Has a Nuclear reactor at its core, whose power is used to run all of Pathfinder's systems, including the ion array. Also has solar panels for extra supply when the array is running, as well as for redundancy.
She also has main engines for faster maneuvers, and several drones at the front (below the cargo section) for handling cargo.
Beautiful....just beautiful

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
I'd like to thank TtTOtW for his help on this project, especially the cargo sections and other advisement.

Also, Danny Batten for developing that joint for me. This is the project I initially wanted to use it for, and the ship now uses 6 of them.

I might not be on again for a little while. I haven't been feeling too well lately, but I will be back.

Testing:
Screenshot_20191103-180601_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Parachute Pack

Screenshot_20191024-210420_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Screenshot_20191028-141145_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Screenshot_20191028-202334_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Screenshot_20191030-124658_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Screenshot_20191029-182447_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Screenshot_20191030-224000_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Screenshot_20191031-170135_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Screenshot_20191031-173642_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Screenshot_20191031-200310_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

I actually launched the tester into space as well using no grav. Was having too much lag to test on the ground. Was a good thing too, had problems to fix in several areas.

Also, here's another good one of Pathfinder and the Abomb.
Screenshot_20191104-001231_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Attachments

T

The Dark in the Light

Wow... That is freaking awesome! I'm guessing once testing is done, its heading to Titan?

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Testing is actually completed already. It's gonna be a little while before I bring it out there though.

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
I'd like to thank TtTOtW for his help on this project, especially the cargo sections and other advisement.

Also, Danny Batten for developing that joint for me. This is the project I initially wanted to use it for, and the ship now uses 6 of them.

I might not be on again for a little while. I haven't been feeling too well lately, but I will be back.

Testing:
View attachment 29367
Parachute Pack

View attachment 29369

View attachment 29370

View attachment 29372

View attachment 29371

View attachment 29373

View attachment 29374

View attachment 29375

View attachment 29376

View attachment 29377
I actually launched the tester into space as well using no grav. Was having too much lag to test on the ground. Was a good thing too, had problems to fix in several areas.

Also, here's another good one of Pathfinder and the Abomb.
View attachment 29378
Hehe no problem dude, that hinge was a joy to make

T

TtTOtW

I'd like to thank @TtTOtW for his help on this project, especially the cargo sections and other advisement.
I loved helping. I have something else in development as you know, but... it's extremely time consuming. Might join you at Titan for a show & tell once I'm done... you should be back in Titan orbit by then. I don't see this monster taking less than 6 to 8 weeks...

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
I loved helping. I have something else in development as you know, but... it's extremely time consuming. Might join you at Titan for a show & tell once I'm done... you should be back in Titan orbit by then. I don't see this monster taking less than 6 to 8 weeks...
Oh god, that's gonna kill a phone...

Lt. Snakestrike

Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Well, my phone might be able to handle it better though...