Tiny Shuttles

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I've seen some shuttle challenges that were pretty popular here recently, so I decided to make one of my own.
The goal is to make the smallest space shuttle possible. There are two categories your shuttle can be under: payload vs no payload.
Basically, for payload you need to design a space shuttle that can carry a minimum of one probe to orbit and return. For no payload, the winner is the person who creates the smallest space shuttle capable of reaching orbit and landing safely. It obviously doesnt need to carry a payload. The rules are as follows:
no cheats
no glitches
must look roughly like a shuttle (orbiter with a tail, pointed nose. Detachable tank, etc.)

That's all! may the best man win!

T

TtTOtW

Yours are definitely smaller than mine though, in every sense. And heavier payload. But you made LEO?

Yes, it's fiddly to fly as the balance shifts, so I had to toggle engines and use RCS to keep straight. It had a few percent left in the tank after rentry.

I also had to use time warp to separate the cargo but it was larger than specified, single probe flies out no problem.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Well, I'm dropping my baby STS here
Screenshot_20190919-115158.png

Capable of detaching Boosters...
Screenshot_20190919-115329.png

Reaches orbit without cheats and detaches a Satellite.
Screenshot_20190919-115739.png

And back to Earth
Screenshot_20190919-120520.png