Too Late Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Krex Here

I'm just going to express my tiny bit of hatred (just a little) with this community. Feel free to instantly delete it or scroll past if you can't be bothered actually reading.

First, I've seen people just get their appeals denied for no apparent reason, when they did barely anything wrong. Their reason was just "no intent to use the server properly" even if they just goofed around for five minutes compared to the weeks or possibly months they have been there. Bit strange to say that as a reason when they've possibly been there for really long, and just one goofy misstep caused them to get banned, huh?

Second, I've also seen people who argued with a mod for a little bit, and then they just magically somehow left the server, which I assume was a ban. Now, either your mods are some cocky admin abusers who can't take an L in an argument, or that person just magically left. Seeing as I've seen this on multiple occasions... yeah...

Third, I got banned for using a client mod. EVEN THOUGH!!! it is against Discord TOC, it is not actually actioned on. It is a warning. Nobody has gotten banned for one, not even people on youtube who have millions of subscribers and actively use them. So, it's pretty stupid to ban me for a simple and single image next to someone's name telling me what device they're on.

Fourth, I've seen a modder who contributed 2+ detailed mods into the game seemingly get banned... for downloading the game for free (cracked version). Like, I'm sorry, he has contributed 2 mods, countless time and effort, years into the community, and after all this, you only seem to care about his ONE wrongdoing and ban him? Shouldn't you be congratulating him on what he has done for the community? Why are you mods just such a let down? Why are you so always negative? Everything that I said, everything that I did (with the mods) was just negativity. It was nothing about the community, nothing about the game. It was just keeping the "server in check" where you can't go off-topic for one second without them literally crying over it. It was always about them somehow, even though they should be focusing on actually trying to fix the game and community.

Fifth, I know Brioche used to be on your "Sentry" (which is a lame name ngl) aka mod team. Apparently he had a falling out with the owner of the discord server (who isn't even Stef, it's Anomalocaris/docmdeath which is also stupid) as of writing this. This caused them to lose the sentry role, get no recognition for their work nor a "past mod" role, and seemingly no ban because docmdeath knew they were a popular mod creator for the game and knew he couldn't just ban them (although I know he wanted to). But no, Brioche was casted to the side. Sorry for bringing you into this Brioche but I hope you understand that I'm trying to change this community (hopefully for the good and not for other "appeal denied :mad:(((((((((((((((((" messages that give no reasoning and prove that the mods simply don't care.

I know you (the mods) are just going to cry about this post even though it is the truth and the harsh reality, but the mod team needs a lot of rework.

Oh, and don't even bother tell me the game will get updated "soon". Let's be real, it's never happening. The game was last updated (a real update) in 2021 (besides from the few bug fixes, of which there are still 999 of them that nobody in the dev team actually listens to and tries to fix). You're just not telling anybody that the game has stopped development as to not make the community die off. Also, there's no need to bother responding to this thread as this account is obviously getting banned here (duh) because you can't accept this "sort of behavior" (speaking out on the truth). Even though this is free speech and protected under the first amendment, I will undoubtedly get lots of negativity from this (despite not actually saying anything wrong here) and banned.

There is clearly a lack of communication here with your community, and it seems to weirdly be that case with a lot of other space-game-developers as well.
Also, the fact that infinity posted "happe new yeer" in the RULES channel of all places and the fact that docmdeath never even reacted to it or commented to it says a whole fricken lot. (docmdeath don't seem to care about the community)

So,
Merry Christmas, and a Happy Frickin' New Year to you.

- Krex
(p.s. why does this website look from 2002, hire some website designers and update it smh)
(p.p.s. no hate to any of the mods or "sentries" etc personally, this is mainly directed to all of you as a collective (who have an admin role or above) and not anyone individually. However, this is at someone individually but I won't say who: I don't understand how someone who has only been here for less than a year gets a HR role like that.)

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Don't go on discord then.

UN Cosmo Navy

Explorer Program Management - non-dlc
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Under Pressure
Registered
p.s. why does this website look from 2002, hire some website designers and update it smh
You should probably ask the other forums the SAME questions. And besides, the community here is small.

Orion

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Can we get this pinned next to Raymans ban appeal?

Sarge

Greased up Beef Parrot
Discord Staff
Registered
Hello Head Administrator of the SpaceFlight Simulator discord here. I'd like to correct a few things in this post;

I asked infinity publicly, to make a happy new year post.
Normal users cannot add reactions to the rules channel, it was me who added the reaction.

Since you clearly have an alt on the server, this is easily verifiable. However that doesn't conform to your narrative, so I can't imagine you care much for accuracy.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Hello,

First point, I'll keep that thread since it's your right to express yourself. I'll precise that the first amendment (since you mention it) has nothing to do with this though. This is an international forum that's not hosted in the U.S., and we are free to moderate what we judge appropriate. This is your right to criticize the staff, we leave that freedom to our forum members, but please make sure that you keep your critics constructive, obviously we can't accept degrading/insulting talks against ourselves (the same as it's not allowed to disrespect any other forum member, as stated by our rules).

Second point that I'd like to make clear (since apparently the distinction is not clear to you), the staff of the forum and of the Discord server are compound of distinct persons, with the exception of Mooncrasher that is part of the staff of both platforms. The staff of the forum and Discord collaborate (in particular in the case of ban appeals), but we take our decisions independently. I'm absolutely not involved in the decision that led to your ban for example.

Third point, since you mention it, the game update is something that's not related at all with the moderation. It's true that the game hasn't had any big update recently, but the staff of the community isn't guilty about this: we don't have more informations ourselves, we don't hide anything. If we had informations about a new update we would be happy to share them. Note that I'm not accusing the dev team either, I'm a dev myself, and I can testify that what appears as a small correction for the user can actually take time for a developer to fix.

Regarding your ban I'm not the best placed to explain it, but I can confirm that using a modded client is a legitimate ban reason.

Regarding the Discord policy, Sarge posted a detailed explanation here a few months ago, I let you have a look at it. From my point of view, I could notice myself that some users claimed that they did nothing wrong, but their mod logs showed that they actually clearly did. It even happened that I have to ban an appealant from the forum because he was just constantly insulting the staff (including myself despite the fact that I was not involved in his ban - again, I'm not from the Discord staff). I'm not saying that all appealants (and you in particular) are in bad faith, but keep in mind that those situations also happen.

brioche

Modder
Registered
Hi! I was not removed from sentry because I “fell out with the owner,” I was demoted because I was incompetent. Thanks!

Normal users cannot add reactions to the rules channel, it was me who added the reaction.
So why didn't I see your discord anywhere on the reaction and why was it in the rules channel instead of in the announcements? And you said "I asked infinity publicly, to make a happy new year post." If you wanted to make one why didn't you make one? Why did you get someone else to do it and in a completely wrong channel to post something like that? There's too many holes in your statement here.

Since you clearly have an alt on the server, this is easily verifiable. However that doesn't conform to your narrative, so I can't imagine you care much for accuracy.
I don't know what you mean by this "easily verifiable" does that mean easily picking out? Because it's still there. "Doesn't conform to your narrative" How does me having an alt not conform to the narrative that you need to work on your mod team a little? I think it actually doesn't conform to yours instead because in discord TOC (not regarding your dumb server rules), an alt is perfectly okay when in my opinion having a stupid little image next to a name doesn't seem like a justified ban, does it?

Hi! I was not removed from sentry because I “fell out with the owner,” I was demoted because I was incompetent. Thanks!
As I just said, that was the different story you told me. Now when I went back into my dms it seems the messages are gone but even so, if that was the case, where is your past sentry role and why don't you have it? Very confusing.

Look, I just want there to be more communication. Is Stef actually working on this game or not? Can you please stop beating around the bush? People deserve to know what he is working on after no significant updates in nearly three years now. Sure you could argue that there have been updates but come on, the other updates are just small ui updates or adding rocks or other small things in which nobody needs. We want actual content, an actual update, something. Water has been teased for over a year now or something, and there's just no news at all? Especially after Stef said he couldn't add in more particles to separators because of lag (on mobile) but adding rocks on planets and moons are perfectly okay?

Orion

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Is Stef actually working on this game or not?
I believe he's in college, but don't quote me on that
Especially after Stef said he couldn't add in more particles to separators because of lag (on mobile) but adding rocks on planets and moons are perfectly okay?
Particles and rocks are pretty different, in that one has to move and the other is pretty much just a texture.

ExoAerospace

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
1: you can’t blame the entire staff because you got banned or one of your alts got banned
2: there is only like 6 dev’s that actually work on sfs give stef a freaking break
3: i can kinda agree that this website looks like early 2000’s
4: if you don like the forum leave no one else is making you stay here but don’t complain about just because you can

Last edited:

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Ok, I'll make clear a few points.

So why didn't I see your discord anywhere on the reaction and why was it in the rules channel instead of in the announcements? And you said "I asked infinity publicly, to make a happy new year post." If you wanted to make one why didn't you make one? Why did you get someone else to do it and in a completely wrong channel to post something like that? There's too many holes in your statement here.
You've been left the right to criticize the staff, but it doesn't mean you can behave as a policeman interrogating a suspect. I've recalled that there are some limits not to overcome, show more respect please.

By the way, even if I totally fail to understand how it is a problem, I checked the reaction:
Screenshot_20240102_094100_Discord.jpg

Sarge is right. The next time maybe have an actual look before claiming "why didn't I see your discord anywhere on the reaction" followed by a long questioning.

As I just said, that was the different story you told me. Now when I went back into my dms it seems the messages are gone but even so, if that was the case, where is your past sentry role and why don't you have it? Very confusing.
I think brioche is the best placed to explain what happened to brioche... And nobody is conspiring against you.

in discord TOC (not regarding your dumb server rules), an alt is perfectly okay
Screenshot_20240102_092607_Discord.jpg

I suppose there's no need to explain the difference between "creating an alt" and "creating an alt specifically in order to evade punishments"?
Also, it seems clear that you disagree with the server rules. This is your right, but in this case don't join the server. Show coherency with yourself.

Look, I just want there to be more communication. Is Stef actually working on this game or not? Can you please stop beating around the bush?
I've already answered to that. See my previous post.
And I still fail to understand how it has anything to do with the moderation.

Also, last point...
We want actual content, an actual update, something.
As someone that came to express his tiny bit of hatred with this community (this is your very first sentence) do you really think you're legitimate to speak in the name of the community?

Sarge

Greased up Beef Parrot
Discord Staff
Registered
"If you wanted to make one why didn't you make one? Why did you get someone else to do it and in a completely wrong channel to post something like that?"

I make and post the majority of the announcements, it's a very mechanical process. Requiring all 3 admins to review it, check for obvious errors and make sure we get the message we want across.

A globally celebrated event deserves a little break in formality, so i asked my silliest admin to do the funniest job.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Thread closed in the interest of saving everyone time, author was given sufficient opportunity to verifiy rebuttals to their points and to formulate points in good faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.