TROUBLE

SupremeDorian

Idiotic Professor
Professor
Registered
Personally I set the orbit at 300m - 5500m, so that I could avoid the no time-warp zone for docking. Going below that would make things much longer, but not that much difficult.
Well, unless you have a third object to which you can switch so that you can still time-warp :rolleyes:
You could also fix this by changing the time warp height on the moon in the planet editor.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
You could also fix this by changing the time warp height on the moon in the planet editor.
Hey, nice idea! But I think it's better not to change it to less than 300 meters, because collisions are disabled during time-warp, so it could lead to strange situations :rolleyes:

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Supersonic docking maneuvers at sub 260/260m lunar orbit

Screenshot_2019-09-10-17-06-44.png

T

TtTOtW

But how efficient is the transmission of sound? As in, how loud and how close to you does it need to be for you to hear it?

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
My brother has just informed me that it is technically possible
View attachment 26785
I thought it worked the otherway around? The denser the medium, the faster the transmission of sound, thus the faster the speed of sound. Sound is faster underwater than in atmosphere and slower than through a solid object.

And Saturn Vs top speed is over 10,000m/s...

Last edited:

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
***Emergency Burst Transmission on GUARD***

This is the GNSP lifeboat Halcyon. We have had to eject after an uncontrolled fire in the engine decks of our ship. We are currently in Low Lunar Orbit without propulsion or landing equipment and require immediate recovery!

I repeat, this is the Halcyon! Is anyone getting this? Sending co-ordinates blind in the hope anyone receives this. Local topographical data doesn't look good at this altitude!

As the rules state, insane difficulty = quarter build screen, with the capsule at sub 300m orbit. To make things extra spicy, I've built it base game compliant (I think) and the capsule is sub 260m.

Here's the L/V, Pacman.

Screenshot_2019-09-10-23-02-46.png

3 stages, 2 stages to (bang on) LEO, the 3rd for TLI, rescue, recovery and return to Earth.

Features the new Mk.1 'NOMNOMNOM' capsule recovery system. Inside is a comms satellite, that'll sit at 5,000m+ and allow me to switch to it when wanting to timewarp 70m above the ground provide essential communications during the mission.

Anyway, launch...

Screenshot_2019-09-10-16-33-55.png

And maketh the orbit.

Screenshot_2019-09-10-16-47-37.png

Like I said, bang on. The 'out of fuel' and 'reached LEO' notifications came pretty much simultaneously.

An uneventful TLI and down to 8 an half thousand metres so I can deploy the timewarp device commsat

Screenshot_2019-09-10-16-54-54.png

Screenshot_2019-09-10-16-55-09.png

And this is where shit got real...

But once that'd been sorted, its a simple climbout and back to Earth. Didn't bother messing with aerobraking or an orbit and slow descent.

Nah, burn from LLO to launchpad, straight line and pray we slow down in time...

Screenshot_2019-09-10-17-25-26.png

Oh, that's what the parachutes and extra fuel was for.

Mission complete.

Last edited: