UN Cosmo Navy

Explorer Program Management - non-dlc
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Under Pressure
Registered
Considering there is small rise of players and some of them coming here. But then there is multiple parts:/
So...... here is my first tutorial on how this stuff work.

BP-Editing is in a sense, godsend for the non-dlc community. It actually does not require DLC, just a text editor app or something(I can confirm for IOS but IDK about Android) but then PC/Steam has a BP-Edit mod. But to actually BP-Edit is entire different thing. If you need to upload BPs, go here: Tutorial: Blueprint Downloading/Uploading for SFS PC or for IOS, Files(Or Text Edit App)\Spaceflight Simulator\files\Saving\Blueprints\

We first look at the basic file of BP-Editing. Here is the BP of a struct.
IMG_5243.PNG

Even though there are 2 pairs of x and y, they actually have different meanings. The "p" as it implies, the position of this specific part as a coordinate system. As the text editor allows me to edit the part, I can put it what ever I want except if you don't have the infinite build screen or a reference part to find. The bottom (x,y) pair stretches by how much the size of the part is. But then there are exceptions with this a good example, with the "size" and not "width" and "height" as those are for like fuel tanks. But what about the "z"? Well since this is a 2D game, the "z" is actually for how much you can tilt an object from 0-360 degrees. But then considering we are looking at a strut, the size is actually the width as this is referencing the 2x1 strut.

But then we get to the harder stuff. Lets start with a landing leg
IMG_5246.PNG

Though there is no size, you can still stretch this by using the bottom (x,y) pair. Considering the "state" and "state_target" is the animation of the landing leg, it means its already deployed. You can do the same thing with parachutes but then its a bit different as its "deploy_state" and "animation_state" instead. The "deploy_state" is the key to trigger the animation but then "animation"=1.0 means the parachute is partly deployed, 2.0 is the parachute is fully deployed and 3.0 is the parachute cut.

UN Cosmo Navy

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Under Pressure
Registered
Continuing on BP-Editing, we go see docking ports
IMG_5242.PNG

The width is still the same but then most of the things here are controllable, but then people usually make rail guns using docking ports. Can't forget about Acarri Drives

Engines.
IMG_5244.PNG

This is actually where we non-dlc manage to get the no heat without the cheat from if we are making for as it says, "creative use". Now its time for the favourite
IMG_5241.PNG

This is actually were most of the stuff happens, as you see fuel percents and stuff. You can actually add ridiculous amounts of fuel but then you don't actually know how much depending on how big it is. You can also change the width and height but then non-dlc players cant pass width=3.0 or height=4.0 because its the biggest fuel tank, 3x4 m tank. But then you can stretch it but then it will have the same amount of fuel, but then there is fuel percent doing its thing.

And last.....
IMG_5245.PNG

Fairings..... You can see the "detach_edge" and "adapt_to_tank" which is in the game already but then the occupied_a="false" means that this fairing does not sit on anything. The other thing is is that you can get half a fairing by just using the "fragment" on the third to the bottom of the "T". Using left or right, you can get one side of the fairings for design like black heat shields. Continued to the next post......

UN Cosmo Navy

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Under Pressure
Registered
Final one before questions or comments.

Anyways on the bottom of the blueprint there is this:
IMG_5247.JPEG

The rotation can make you rotate the build screen to whatever degrees you want. But then there is offset. "Offset" is godsend as it has let non-dlc people like me and SusEngine to build really big rockets. Offset just moves the entire screen by how much you add but then I may suggest trying to figure out the right distance before you do anything.

You guys are also wondering how people managed to get black and shades of brown on fuel tanks... well
IMG_5247 (1).JPEG

This is the block as I call it. Even though its not on any base BP, its of course there if the fuel tanks are non-dlc size and colored in a specific way. The important thing to look at is the "intensity", as it gives the black color. We sometimes also make this have a light brown color for metallic things non-dlc. Though I don't know the exact numbers(which is 0.1-1.2[?]) for each shade, I am sure there is a map of some of them on YouTube somewhere. So, anyways have fun detailing your rockets :) and, fly safe.

Last edited:

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Here's where you'll find the blueprints folders on IOS and Mac

For ios in file explorer: On My iPhone/Spaceflight Simulator/Saving/Blueprints
For Macintosh (steam version of the game) in finder: /Users/(yourname)/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Spaceflight Simulator/SpaceflightSimulatorGame.app/Saving/Blueprints
If you are playing on the app store version on mac, don't, it'll destroy your steam version game files. BEWARE.