Tutorial: How to make perfect circles with editing (No mods)

I hope this is helpful to people. I made the instructions very detailed, so this might look complicated at a glance, but the process is actually really simple. It only takes a few minutes to make a circle

1. Pick the size of part you want to use. Make a stack of 9 of them (directly overlapping eachother, so it looks like one piece). Save that as “A”
2. Go into the BP. Skip the first one, and change the Z axis on the second one to 10 degrees, the next to 20, and all the way down, the last one should be 80 degrees
3 Load the BP. You should end up with something that looks like this.
IMG_1188.png

This is the center of your circle.

4. Now make a duplicate of the stack (in case you mess up). Take one of the stacks, and spread the pieces out, being careful not to snap them into anything.

5. Decide what radius you want your circle to be. Then copy each piece enough times to make the stacks that tall. Make sure to stack outward from the center
(I chose to use 8 blocks as a radius)

6. Now put your stacks on top of each other, so that the bottom pieces are positioned the same as they were before you spread them out.
IMG_1187.jpeg

I put the rest of the instructions on this screenshot to save time and space.
IMG_1165.jpeg

(You might consider saving this as a template to make future circles. Remember you have to space the stacks from eachother in order to add pieces above or below, to make bigger or smaller circles from here.

Attachments

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend