UI Tools

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
This thread is for the UI Tools mod, a dependency you can use for your mods to make implementing a lot of quality-of-life features much easier.

This mod was made entirely by Cucumber Space, all credit goes to him for the hard work he put in to make such a useful tool for mod creators. He just asked me to make the forum thread.

Click here for a direct download of the latest version of UI Tools:
GitHub - UI Tools Latest Release

Latest Supported Game Version: 1.5.9.8

Latest Release: v1.1.3

So, what does it do?

As stated above, this mod acts as a dependency for mods to lessen the work needed to implement several nice-to-have features, to give the user a better experience and to make certain tasks easier for modders. These currently include:
  • Automatically generating a configuration menu for mods.
  • Allowing your mod to auto-update.
  • Registering windows for permanent position saving.
  • Easily registering events when windows are dragged and dropped.
There are also some custom UI elements you won't find in the base game:
  • A window that comes with a minimize button
  • A number input, with arrow keys that changes the value by an amount you specify.

To use the mod as a dependency, add the DLL as a reference in your project. Documentation can be found here.

To install the mod, download the latest DLL from releases then drag and drop it into your mods folder.

Source code can be found here: GitHub - cucumber-sp/UITools

Last edited:

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
UI Tools v1.1.1 is now released! You can now capture an event when minimizing/maximizing closable windows, and you can now register your mod to receive auto updates! Documentation will be updated accordingly.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
it doesn't seem to work. did i do something wrong?
The mod in itself doesn't do anything. It's a dependency that is required for other mods. Do you try to install another mod with it?

The mod in itself doesn't do anything. It's a dependency that is required for other mods. Do you try to install another mod with it?
i haven't tried to install a mod with it because it didn't show up in the modloader therefore leading to me thinking it was broken or i did something wrong

Ця тема стосується мода UI Tools, залежності, яку ви можете використовувати для своїх модів, щоб значно спростити реалізацію багатьох функцій якості життя.

Цей мод був повністю створений Cucumber Space , вся честь належить йому за наполегливу роботу, яку він доклав, щоб створити такий корисний інструмент для творців модів. Він просто попросив мене створити тему форуму.

Натисніть тут, щоб завантажити найновішу версію UI Tools:
GitHub – останній випуск інструментів інтерфейсу користувача

Остання підтримувана версія гри: 1.5.9.8

Останній випуск: v1.1.3

Отже, що це робить?

Як зазначено вище, цей мод діє як залежний для модів, щоб зменшити роботу, необхідну для впровадження кількох приємних функцій, щоб надати користувачеві кращий досвід і полегшити певні завдання для моддерів. На даний момент вони включають:
  • Автоматична генерація меню конфігурації для модів.
  • Дозвіл на автоматичне оновлення мода.
  • Реєстрація вікон для постійного збереження позиції.
  • Легка реєстрація подій під час перетягування вікон.
Є також деякі спеціальні елементи інтерфейсу, яких ви не знайдете в базовій грі:
  • Вікно з кнопкою згортання
  • Введення числа за допомогою клавіш зі стрілками змінює значення на вказану вами суму.

Щоб використовувати мод як залежність, додайте DLL як посилання у свій проект. Документацію можна знайти тут.

Щоб установити мод, завантажте останню версію DLL із випусків, а потім перетягніть її в папку mods.

Вихідний код можна знайти тут: GitHub - cucumber-sp/UITools
I can't find the dll file or could you add it separately?

Translated by a moderator

Last edited by a moderator: